• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andre Smith next TD 2.0?

Catufb85

Although I am a huge Tar Heel fan and I've watched this guy play for us the past few seasons.  Looking at him as a player, his motor, and his aggression when he delivers a blow kind of makes me think of a young Thomas Davis.  Check it out:

Measurables (Combine Results):

Thomas Davis: 6'1 230lbs Arms Length: 33" Hand size: 10.25  40: 4.64 Vertical: 36.5"

Andre Smith : 6'0 237lbs Arms Length: 33 1/8" Hand size: 10.00 40: 4.63 and 19 Bench reps. No vertical recorded.

Now i am not saying Smith is athletic as TD.  TD is a super freak that has a lot looser hips than Smith. Smith tends to seem a little tight when i watch.  But the dude can move.  He always seems to be around the ball like TD.  TD obviously has superior ball skills and coverage skills because of playing safety in college and making the transition to Linebacker.  But when i watch these highlights TD comes to mind.  You can see the drive and the aggression when watching this video.

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/X_JksMomjDw

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

Or he's a 6th round pick who will either be a special teamer or off the roster.

This.

guys anyone outside of the 3rd is a crap shoot. And you’re just happy if they become depth.

there is dozens of guys that come out every year with these messuarables.

Archived