• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you weren't a Panthers fan....

kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Is it more having that local connection

I think so. I lived in Virginia for a while and pulled for the Skins (pre-95), though I didn't think of them as "my" team. I was born and raised in SC so having a Carolina team feels more like "my" team. I said Falcons in my initial response, but I probably wouldn't consider them "my" team, either.

I’m envious of people who don’t really care about one particular team (College or NFL), but still will watch games. I don’t care about College, but I will watch a game if it’s on. 

I’d like to think I’d be a fan of the sport, kind of like NBA. Each NBA season I follow different teams and storylines without the commitment to have to watch any specific games. 

I'm not sure if I would like any team like I do the Panthers, I feel like probably not but then again I'd probably miss football. If so I'd say Vikings since all my family is from there and MN is very respectable.

I was born a Bills fan and it's still in the blood so this question is easy for me to answer. Totally threw myself into the Panthers from Day One and here I am. Thing is, to most Bills fans I know, it's more than just the team, it's the game of football itself. Probably because they hadn't made it to the playoffs fr 17 years :crying:.

Every time I see this question, I think of an engineer I worked with that always said, "Anyone playing the Redskins." lol

31 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I’m envious of people who don’t really care about one particular team (College or NFL), but still will watch games. I don’t care about College, but I will watch a game if it’s on. 

I’d like to think I’d be a fan of the sport, kind of like NBA. Each NBA season I follow different teams and storylines without the commitment to have to watch any specific games. 

It's easier, for sure. There are definitely times I wish I still wasn't emotionally invested :)

Archived