• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So why are the Ravens favored?

Camp Fodder

They are not going to score more than 17-20 on us. The question is can we score 21 or more against them. Their offense is not that good. The issue is how good is our offense against them. I hope Norv has dialed up all kind of screens, reverse screens, crossing routes for CMC and Samuel, reverses, etc.

Their linebackers aren't great which should really play to our strengths.

I agreed with you until your last sentence. 2 of their linebackers are Terrell Suggs (7 time pro bowler, 131 career sacks) and CJ Mosley (has made the pro bowl 3 out of his first 4 years in the league). Our offense will have play to their ability and execute. 

Its definitely not a great sign we're an underdog at home. At least the public betting looks looks somewhat close to equal. 

55 minutes ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

I agreed with you until your last sentence. 2 of their linebackers are Terrell Suggs (7 time pro bowler, 131 career sacks) and CJ Mosley (has made the pro bowl 3 out of his first 4 years in the league). Our offense will have play to their ability and execute. 

Its definitely not a great sign we're an underdog at home. At least the public betting looks looks somewhat close to equal. 

Suggs is not really a linebacker and let's be real he came into the league in 2003. He is older than Davis. Not a match for our speed at all. Dummervil is a DE and isn't really a linebacker either. You might as well call them DEs. So you end up with Moseley who has missed 2 games with injury and hasn't played well so far this season. One pass breakup, no interception. Not a probowler this year so far. and you got Young who has potential but little experience. No their linebackers can be exploited by fast shifty players which we have several. Their secondary benefits from their pass rush. If Cam can get the ball out and make plays their defense can be exploited. It won't be easy by any means but what game really is. We play much better at home and are 3-0. I will be there screaming and making noise doing.my best 12th man imitation.

15 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

So I’ve been wondering why the Ravens are favored?  Not that they aren’t good but 1). We are at home. 2). They have 1 more loss than us. 3) they lost to the Browns. Usually the only way a visiting team is favored is if the are CLEARLY the better team. I don’t get it

I think they're favored because on paper they're a better team than we are.  Not so sure that stat line will translate in to real game performance though.

That and the fact that they've obliterated us the past few times we've played them.

Archived