• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the NFL give a super bowl to an aging Cam Newton?

Hotsauce

Many years from now when Cam is past his prime and a couple years away from retirement, having broken tons of NFL records and a consistent track record of being a good human on the field and off the field, could you see the NFL helping Cam add a SB to his resume?  They did it for Peyton.

*before you give me the NFL doesn’t give Super Bowls away argument, they have tons of control over teams and game flow.  From officiating calls, to scheduling, there are both small and major ways the NFL can give teams small nudges towards winning games.

Thoughts?

Cam called Roger G last week and had a long conversation with him. Roger agreed that he will give the team a playoff spot next year as part of a larger agreement they made with Jerry Richardson that we would have winning seasons in odd years. Other than a playoff appearance, that is all he promised to give the aging Cam Newton unless we cut Reid. 

Take this info if you choose but it is very real. My insider gave me this information last week after I paid him with an authentic pair of Daryl Worley game used and signed set of gloves. He knew he had to deliver after I gave up something so valuable.

17 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

Many years from now when Cam is past his prime and a couple years away from retirement, having broken tons of NFL records and a consistent track record of being a good human on the field and off the field, could you see the NFL helping Cam add a SB to his resume?  They did it for Peyton.

*before you give me the NFL doesn’t give Super Bowls away argument, they have tons of control over teams and game flow.  From officiating calls, to scheduling, there are both small and major ways the NFL can give teams small nudges towards winning games.

Thoughts?

Think this fits Elway, more so than Peyton.

NFL Entertainment. Nobody promised it would be fair. Nobody said they wouldn't meddle in the outcome of games.

It's funny how everybody will blame Ron or Cam when games such as the 49ers at BofA was obviously fixed.

They helped the 49ers into the much anticipated game with Seattle that year so the question IS valid.

Archived