• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers negotiating extension with Reid

panther4life

I am not sure testing the market for a fair contract is going to be in Reid's best interest.  I think the Panthers should make an offer, if he refuses it, tell them they would like the opportunity to match his best offer.

The Panthers could save money.  He sat on the shelf for a long time without getting a deal.

Just now, MHS831 said:

I am not sure testing the market for a fair contract is going to be in Reid's best interest.  I think the Panthers should make an offer, if he refuses it, tell them they would like the opportunity to match his best offer.

The Panthers could save money.  He sat on the shelf for a long time without getting a deal.

And he still has that injury history. He may still find a cold market for many  reasons, so he may come back sooner than later. 

35 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Yeah.  Chances are he will be sitting there again in August.

I don't mind paying him, if he deserves it, it didn't really look like he had that great of a season to me, but the defense as a whole was pretty bad.

However, I do want him to test the market first...don't need another Charles Johnson situation.

Archived