• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers Announces Retirement

Jesse

y'all remember in his first stint here, maybe we were playing the bucs.   he rolled his ankle out of bounds after making a play. i mean completely rolled it.   my ankle would have snapped.  everyone was freaking out about him being out for a long time.  he missed like 1 or 2 plays.

Just now, NJPanthers12 said:

Not Sam Mills. Not Steve smith. Not Thomas Davis. Today the single greatest Carolina panther of all time retired. This is a sad day. No one should ever wear number 90 again and a statute should have been started to be built yesterday.

mills, smith, nor davis ever took a whole season off to force a trade.

31 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

One of the most physically gifted and talented players I've ever seen play the game of football.
Thanks Pep.

One of the most gifted and talented athletes ever!  I lined up against his Southern Nash football team in high school, luckily I was on the other side of the line and didn't have to worry about blocking him but once.  From that one experience I know what it's like to be Mike Remmers. 

Here's to you Pep - best wishes on your retirement!  Can't wait to see your HOF speech!

peppers was a great player and deserves the hall of fame

if you think he was giving everything he had, especially after 2005, you're lying to yourself. jenkins left because of it, and buckner has basically come out and said it several times. 

this is just history. lots of you are going to get pissy about this, but if you were following the team in the late 2000s and posted here, every other thread was about peppers taking plays off and dancing with the offensive tackle

Archived