• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers had Grier ahead of Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones

ncfan

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Then, you, also don't understand the point.

Considering the number of fugging times Cam has been condemned for "overthrows" over the last 8 years, I at least thought YOU might get it.  Especially when I made it quite clear in my statement that I have nothing against Will Grier.

Spackler being obtuse I kind of expected since the 1st overthrown pass Cam makes this year he'll be calling for a QB change.  You?  Surprising.

Well, you have to remember I don't care about that stuff. Fan reactions? Meh.

As mentioned above though, if Newton is indeed "busted" at this point, Ron Rivera has a lot to do with it. Turner finally coming aboard has been a boon to him for certain, but does it come too late?  Unknown.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:42 PM, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Not surprised Hurneys draft board was fuged up

Hurneys obsession with local talent is too much. Having those two ahead of grier was sad if true. Hopefully he just geta burns right at this point but grier should eventually be good

God I hope Cam's throwing is fine by training camp. Can you imagine a full camp of wondering when Cam will throw and be good to go full? 

Imagine if Cam isn't throwing by the first preseason game. Imagine if Cam doesn't throw at all until week 3 or 4 of the preseason and gets 10 reps in the preseason and comes in cold and doesn't light it up? This place will be our hell. Nothing but "Start Grier" threads and nauseating nonsense. 

God help us....

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Considering the number of fugging times Cam has been condemned for "overthrows" over the last 8 years, I at least thought YOU might get it.  Especially when I made it quite clear in my statement that I have nothing against Will Grier.

Spackler being obtuse I kind of expected since the 1st overthrown pass Cam makes this year he'll be calling for a QB change.  You?  Surprising.

After the years of me taking your side re: Cam, suddenly I’m the enemy?

Gotta love our man ITT. “I’m gonna show all those awful bastards how I’m better than they are and how much smarter I am. They spent years nitpicking every Cam throw, so I’m gonna do the exact same thing to Will Grier who has done nothing to offend me other than be drafted. Oh but nothing against Will Grier”

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Like I said

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I’m excited about Grier. He’s my second-favorite QB behind the guy he’s behind. Not unlike when Jeremy Lin backed up Kemba. 

But it’s OK, a certain someone will still say I’m a Cam hater despite having defended him his whole Auburn and Panthers career. Not enough for some psychos.  

I'm unsure about the Grier pick. Dont get me wrong...he doesnt seem like a bad guy or awful QB...its just that I thought Kyle Allen looked great and deserved a legit opportunity at the back up spot. 

I do get that Cam needs to be pushed a bit. I just dont know how all this plays out. Maybe we drafted him to leverage Cams agent at contract negs.

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I'm unsure about the Grier pick. Dont get me wrong...he doesnt seem like a bad guy or awful QB...its just that I thought Kyle Allen looked great and deserved a legit opportunity at the back up spot. 

I do get that Cam needs to be pushed a bit. I just dont know how all this plays out. Maybe we drafted him to leverage Cams agent at contract negs.

I don't think Grier is about competing with Cam. It's about the scenario that we had last year, where every QB behind that line got injured.

You think Saints fans were this insecure when Bridgewater was brought in? It’s a 3rd round pick and if Grier turns out to be at a minimum a legit back up, this is a huge win. 

And this is coming from someone that isn’t a Cam fan. Cam is the unquestioned starter and any other talk is just to troll people. 

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think Grier is about competing with Cam. It's about the scenario that we had last year, where every QB behind that line got injured.

He wasnt brought into compete with Cam....this year. After this season watch out.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833724-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-complete-rookie-qb-future-rating-scale

Only 1 QB rated a higher "succession chance" than Grier.  Murray.  The chance is based on :

So, let's take a look at the odds this year's rookie QBs will eventually become the long-term starters for the teams that drafted them. The percentages below are based in part on conversations with four NFL team officials—with a bit of my opinion, however wrong it may prove to be—added into the mix.

Will Grier, Panthers: The three players I've covered who took the most physical beatings during their careers: former Giants running back Rodney Hampton; former Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski; and Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. This will be Newton's ninth season. He is a future Hall of Famer and a historic talent, but it's hard to see him being able to continue withstanding the type of punishment he's regularly endured. I could see him retiring soon, like Gronkowski. Grier impressed a lot of people and looks to be one of the more underrated picks of the draft.

Succession chance: 80 percent.

Archived