• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Rucker & Charles Johnson

NJPanthers12

Ruck & CJ Hall of Honor  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rucker and CJ be in HOH?

• Mike Rucker
    • Charles Johnson
    • Both
    • Neither

So I got about 70 votes on the Mike Minter poll, so wanted to follow up with a second poll. This Hall of Honor fascinates me as I am extremely happy that this franchise will finally be honoring their past.

now my question is, do you believe mike Rucker and Charles Johnson deserve to be in the Hall or Honor? Both were career long panthers who fought for the number 2 best DE in franchise history.

i feel like people are getting too hung up on all time greats. The hall of honor is not meant to honor the best players in NFL history. The point is to honor the greatest panthers of all time. I’m not saying both should be inducted, But am more curious on your thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Dex said:

Neither, we can't go putting in every good player. Hall of honor is for the true greats!

If we are talking retired players only, who are the true greats? The following are already in:

1. Steve Smith

2. Sam Mills

3. Jake Delhomme 

4. Jordan Gross

5. Wesley Walls

then I think it’s fair to say the following get in:

7. Julius Peppers

8. Ryan Kalil 

9. Muhsin Muhammad

and a majority of Panther fans voted yes to get him in

10. Mike Minter

anyone else you would include to those 10?

2 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

If we are talking retired players only, who are the true greats? The following are already in:

1. Steve Smith

2. Sam Mills

3. Jake Delhomme 

4. Jordan Gross

5. Wesley Walls

7. Julius Peppers

8. Ryan Kalil 

9. Muhsin Muhammad

10. Mike Minter

10. TD and 11. Olsen when they retire. After that, Cam and Luke. Everyone else is to young currently.

Guys like Rucker, CJ, Minter, Stewart, Gamble, Wharton and others just aren’t quite Hall of Honor players. If you say one of the guys I just listed should be considered then you can make the case for any of them imo.

Long time team captains with pro bowl success should be the baseline for HoH candidates.

neither. Rucker has been honored in the fact that he is employed by the Panthers.

We can’t just go putting literally every player who played their career out with us and (by our standards) was above average to good/great.

Most importantly, as a courtesy heads up- when you do a poll which uses checkboxes to allow multiple selections you don’t need to use “Both” as an option.

Remember that for the next time you do a poll on whether or not your favorite above average players deserve to be in the hall of honor.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

All that takes to surplant that is a 1-day contract with the Panthers. Many players have come out of retirement before - this would just be for a day. Either way, Steve Smith is a Panther.

I'd say yes to CJ, no to Rucker. Ruck only had two double digit sack seasons in his career. CJ had a five year stretch where he was one of the best DEs in the league only missing five consecutive double digits sack seasons by one sack in 2011 and 1.5 sacks in 2014. 

10 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

1. Steve Smith

2. Sam Mills

3. Jake Delhomme 

4. Jordan Gross

5. Wesley Walls

7. Julius Peppers

8. Ryan Kalil 

9. Muhsin Muhammad

10. Mike Minter

Kasay will most likely be in the next class. Leading scorer in Panthers history and 15 years with the team. 

Archived