• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is CMC ...

The Huddler

Is CMC..  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is CMC the best white RB of all time?

Still too early

Im curious, if Cam can get healthy and we can protect him.  Will Cam be the best African American QB when he decides to hang it up

Of the ones who have won NFL MVPs since 1980

Warren Moon- 1 MVP, 17 seasons, 291-233 TD/int, 80.9 passer rating, 58.4 comp%, 22 rushing TDs, 

Randall Cunningham- 1 MVP, 16 seasons, 207-134 TD/int, 81.5 passer rating, 56.6 comp %,  35 rushing TDs

Steve McNair- 1 MVP, 13 seasons, 174-119 TD/int, 82.8 passer rating, 60.1 comp %, 37 rushing TDs

Cam- 1 MVP, 8 seasons, 182-107 TD/int, 86.4 passer rating, 59.7 comp %, 58 rushing TDs

Trying to understand out why the hell this matters....

Seriously. white RB...black QB.....hispanic HC...who gives a poo? I guess it's cool to be a team that goes against stereotypical limitations, but the point of doing that is to show that the color of the skin or heritage doesn't matter. Its just guys playing football and there are no limits to what you can do regardless of who you are or what you look like, so why try to classify and put them in boxes like that?

How can you ask this question when it’s only his third year? Give the dude some time to show he can consistently put up big numbers then we can talk about it.

You would have to put Larry Csonka at or near the top of the list. Riggins is another one. Game was a lot different back then.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Trying to understand out why the hell this matters....

Seriously. white RB...black QB.....hispanic HC...who gives a poo? I guess it's cool to be a team that goes against stereotypical limitations, but the point of doing that is to show that the color of the skin or heritage doesn't matter. Its just guys playing football and there are no limits to what you can do regardless of who you are or what you look like, so why try to classify and put them in boxes like that?

I couldn’t care less about race, just production. However it is definitely interesting looking at how few white RBs there are compared to pretty much every other position.

And then take a peak at CB.... 

Doesn't ruffle my feathers. Just something novel to talk about. I get it.

In answer to your question... Ask it in about five more years at the earliest. Then, we'll actually have a body of work so that we can compare apples to apples. By then, he just may be one of the best backs (period) in NFL history from some respects.

Archived