• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One more addition I’d like to see...

sml1950

Doesn’t require cap room or a roster spot.  It has a Tepper Steeler connection and only requires RR to acknowledge that he is willing to listen.  Make a call to a HOF CB/Coach who is considered the father of the zone blitz.... Dick LeBeau.  He was let go by Tennessee last year and is a football junkie with an enormous wealth of 3-4 knowledge.  Bring him on as a consultant and open your ears and minds.  He not only has front seven expertise but early on as a secondary coach almost always oversaw double digit interceptions. We could use a “Godfather” with Super Bowl experiences.

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

I wouldnt be opposed..

But with Rivera in full control calling plays, I have full confidence in his ability to call an elite defense. He is as good as any

It may also cause a rift

It's not about the play calling but more about the fundamentals.

Wouldn’t be mad if he did but I really don’t think it’s necessary... Ron had the #1 D in SD running a 3-4 so he knows what he’s doing. 

Also, I’m pretty sure Ron doesn’t want Tepper thinking he needs help with his own defense 

25 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Wouldn’t be mad if he did but I really don’t think it’s necessary... Ron had the #1 D in SD running a 3-4 so he knows what he’s doing. 

Also, I’m pretty sure Ron doesn’t want Tepper thinking he needs help with his own defense 

If I were Tepper, and I just double checked my bank account and I am not, I would be fine bringing in as much help as possible. Not a sign of weakness trying to get better at something you are already good at.

22 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Can you elaborate on this? He got let go but is still under contract? 

It is possible...sort of. Coach signs a 3-year contract and is fired after year 2. He may have offset language and/or other restrictions that are tied to his ability to receive the year 3 salary.

Archived