• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walter Football: Offseason Review and Season Prediction

Seltzer

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2019car.php

Has Panthers going 10-6 this year. 

TL;DR- Signing Paradis and resigning Darryl Williams were key to improving the offensive line.  That along with Cam being healthy and a stronger pass rush will lead to the Panthers returning to the playoffs and potentially a deep playoff run.

For reference, Walter Football is still going through their prediction write-ups, but they do have the Saints at 9-7.  No write ups for the Falcons/ Bucs yet or prediction about division winners, playoffs, etc.  BTW, I visited Saints Report and they predictably are in denial with any prediction that doesn't have them demolishing every team on their way to a "revenge tour."  That really is a special bunch down in the Louisiana Swampland.

I don't take much stock in preseason predictions one way or the other, but I do think Walter Football is more in tune with all teams vs the worthless national media.

The Panthers are notoriously hard to project b/c of our lack of consistency, but this team was on track to make the playoffs last year before Cam got hurt, and with upgraded offensive and defensive lines, it's hard to believe they won't be able to improve on last year.

Personally, I will be very happy with 10-6 given how tough our schedule looks as of now.  I think 10-6 will be enough to win the division, and if we can emerge as the division winner, we will be battle-tested and in a great spot to make another SB run.

Pretty good read, except we all know Cam was hurt earlier in the season than they are saying and honestly was probably suffering from shoulder problems from the very beginning. If his shoulder is at 100% and he can match that up with the smart play he showed in the first half of the year, it could be very, very good for us, perhaps the best in his career.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Pretty good read, except we all know Cam was hurt earlier in the season than they are saying and honestly was probably suffering from shoulder problems from the very beginning. If his shoulder is at 100% and he can match that up with the smart play he showed in the first half of the year, it could be very, very good for us, perhaps the best in his career.

Cam wasn't 100% before the Steeler game but that cheap shot on his shoulder was the beginning to the end of our season.

14 hours ago, Seltzer said:

TL;DR- Signing Paradis and resigning Darryl Williams were key to improving the offensive line.  That along with Cam being healthy and a stronger pass rush will lead to the Panthers returning to the playoffs and potentially a deep playoff run.

For reference, Walter Football is still going through their prediction write-ups, but they do have the Saints at 9-7.  No write ups for the Falcons/ Bucs yet or prediction about division winners, playoffs, etc.  BTW, I visited Saints Report and they predictably are in denial with any prediction that doesn't have them demolishing every team on their way to a "revenge tour."  That really is a special bunch down in the Louisiana Swampland.

I don't take much stock in preseason predictions one way or the other, but I do think Walter Football is more in tune with all teams vs the worthless national media.

The Panthers are notoriously hard to project b/c of our lack of consistency, but this team was on track to make the playoffs last year before Cam got hurt, and with upgraded offensive and defensive lines, it's hard to believe they won't be able to improve on last year.

Personally, I will be very happy with 10-6 given how tough our schedule looks as of now.  I think 10-6 will be enough to win the division, and if we can emerge as the division winner, we will be battle-tested and in a great spot to make another SB run.

Of course it should be said that there is frustrating consistency to the Panthers' inconsistency. Since 2013 the fewest number of regular season wins that the Panthers have had in odd numbered years is 11. This is 2019 so let's hope that trend continues.

2013 - 12 wins

2015 - 15 wins

2017 - 11 wins

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

It wasn't a cheap shot. It was going after the QB and the football. 

https://www.steelers.com/video/highlight-watt-jars-ball-loose-with-big-hit

Don't bother. This place becomes closer to the Saints report bitching about this poo day by day...

He means he thinks Watt lead with his helmet into cam's. This board was livid after it happened, I thought I was at saintsreport

Clearly he went arms first and for the football. It was a great, clean hit and play and people here would agree with you had it been KK and not Watt

On 7/8/2019 at 8:21 PM, Seltzer said:

can you conjure up their previous predictions on us?

10 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

It wasn't a cheap shot. It was going after the QB and the football. 

https://www.steelers.com/video/highlight-watt-jars-ball-loose-with-big-hit

People want to pinpoint this game that hurt him but i'm sorry, he was hurt before that. Tomlin and company are the only ones that realized Cam couldn't throw deep so they didn't hold back. He couldn't throw deep balls worth the poo at all all year. He went into the season i guarantee 50% on that arm and the system was designed for efficiency and i think the staff knew but the new offense would accommodate the shoulder issue. teams aren't stupid, they'll pick up on poo.

Archived