• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highest rated MLB in Madden?!

CanadianCat

23 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Bobby Wagner..

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1149731175151349760

Bull poo. 

Him and Kuechly are 1a 1b interchangeable on any given Sunday. 

Wagner had a better year last year, don't even doubt it.

Our entire defense had a down year - Luke included. He was out of position and missed a lot of tackles early on. He eventually righted the ship because he's Luke but everyone was suspect last year. Wagner had a better year start to finish. 

Bobby Wagner had a slightly better year.  Luke has had the better career so far.  I guess Madden goes off the previous season's body of work.  Both are really great LBs.  They are going to be the top two Mike LBS of their era.  Call me partial, but as Luke is special with his knowledge of the game.  That's no slight to Bobby Wagner, it's just a fact.  Opponents routinely say that Luke calls out the plays pre-snap and I'm not sure if Bobby Wagner is able to do that at the same level as Luke.

Maybe I am missing something.  What exactly made Wagner have a better year?  Less missed tackles?

For defense, Wagner had 925 snaps, Kuechly had 928.  So for all intents and purposes, that was even.

Stats were tied for Forced Fumbles, Ints.

Wagner lead in Total Tackles, Assists, and Pat Downs.

Kuechly lead in Solo tackles, Sacks, Stuffs/Tackles for Loss

Kuechly was a solo tackle machine.  Wagner relied a bit more on the assists.

Should Luke have gone after solo tackles less often, and let others lead the way, for fewer missed tackles?

42 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Maybe I am missing something.  What exactly made Wagner have a better year?  Less missed tackles?

For defense, Wagner had 925 snaps, Kuechly had 928.  So for all intents and purposes, that was even.

Stats were tied for Forced Fumbles, Ints.

Wagner lead in Total Tackles, Assists, and Pat Downs.

Kuechly lead in Solo tackles, Sacks, Stuffs/Tackles for Loss

Kuechly was a solo tackle machine.  Wagner relied a bit more on the assists.

Should Luke have gone after solo tackles less often, and let others lead the way, for fewer missed tackles?

Stats aren’t the end all, be all.  That was clearly Kuechly’s worst season in a looooooong time.  He missed so many tackles, his run fits were bad.  I’m almost 95% sure it was scheme related based on his history but still.  

But to be fair even Kuechly’s worst season is very good.  So not knocking him but considering he’s a HOFer it’s fair people hold him to a different standard.

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

Stats aren’t the end all, be all.  That was clearly Kuechly’s worst season in a looooooong time.  He missed so many tackles, his run fits were bad.  I’m almost 95% sure it was scheme related based on his history but still.  

But to be fair even Kuechly’s worst season is very good.  So not knocking him but considering he’s a HOFer it’s fair people hold him to a different standard.

Sure.  But if Luke was able to put up more solo tackles, and more run stuffs during his worst season.  What exactly was Wagner doing that made his season better?

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Bobby Wagner had a slightly better year.  Luke has had the better career so far.  I guess Madden goes off the previous season's body of work.  Both are really great LBs.  They are going to be the top two Mike LBS of their era.  Call me partial, but as Luke is special with his knowledge of the game.  That's no slight to Bobby Wagner, it's just a fact.  Opponents routinely say that Luke calls out the plays pre-snap and I'm not sure if Bobby Wagner is able to do that at the same level as Luke.

It’s a slight and typical narrative to consider the white player as more cerebral than the black guy. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s a slight and typical narrative to consider the white player as more cerebral than the black guy. 

Oh dear God not this crap again.

If Luke was more athletic, we'd call him more athletic. He's not. He's smarter than most guys in the league regardless of position. That's the point.

Archived