• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier looking better than expected.

Jeremy Igo

So Will Grier is looking better than anyone expected at this point. Spoke to a guy inside the org that said he is doing things they did not expect of him this early in camp. 

The nice thing is that he is the same type of passer that Cam is. Really nice tough on the deep balls, perfect for Norv's system. Would not do so well in a west coast style offense. 

Can't wait to see what the kid has in preseason. 

Said it from the beginning, I thought Grier in the 3rd would be the steal of the draft.  I can foresee him paying off big time for us in the form of either

A - Taking over in the event of disaster with Cam's shoulder

B - Smoking defenses in the preseason and building his trade value

I have a feeling Grier was a "bang the table" type of guy for Norv or he wouldn't have been in consideration. Also being from Charlotte had to make him a slam dunk pick. Made too much sense and I'm glad he's doing well so far.

6 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Why would we trade a guy who could possibly be our starting qb when Cam inevitably departs the Panthers ?

Depends on when you think that day will come.  Why hold onto a guy for potentially 8 years who is obviously destined to be a starter?  You're crazy if you think he's going to be willing to ride the pine past his initial rookie contract.

34 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

No way are we trading him if he is actually good. This could play out like Farve/Rogers situation.  Cam is a HOFer no two ways about it, and he had taken so many hits that it is uncertain how many years he has left.  

Good problems to have if Grier does pan out to be legit.

I'd take a Favre/Rodgers situation or a Brady/Garoppolo situation.  Both benefit the Panthers in either a legit starting QB when Cam is done OR Cam plays much longer than anyone expects him to (and plays well) and then we cash in on trade assets.  I'm good with it.

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

Why would we trade a guy who could possibly be our starting qb when Cam inevitably departs the Panthers ?

Because if Cam doesn't look washed when Grier's rookie deal is coming up then he's going to walk for nothing. 

6 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Because if Cam doesn't look washed when Grier's rookie deal is coming up then he's going to walk for nothing. 

Grier trade talk should probably wait about 3 years... no reason to trade him before then.

Archived