• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper Wants a Retractable Dome Stadium

AppHeel

18 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Fedora coached at UNC...did he not? App would've wrecked UNC last season. They retained much of their defensive coaching staff, have plenty of experience coming back, Nagursky Watchlist LB and a couple of Thorpe Watchlist guys. Going to be tough sledding for UNC in Week 4 man. 

Drinks offense should open up more passing opportunities for Thomas as well so you should see a close repeat performance of what was seen against No. 9 Penn State last season. Except UNC is about 3 tiers below Penn State with McSorley and Miles Sanders.

Good luck wine and cheese crowd fellows. See you at Vineyard Vine following the game. 

Have fun watching sunbelt games on ESPN ocho. Maybe you can take a vacation to Shreveport this winter for the Boca bowl or whatever irrelevant poo-hole they send the '""""""""champion"""""""" too.

A dome makes since because football is only played 8 days a year and a dome allows revenue year round without having to worry about the weather.  

This stadium deal is going to get real nasty and Tepper is expertly playing Rock Hill against Charlotte for a new mega stadium.  Make no mistake . . . this is going to happen and SC officials are idiots and have historically given away the farm to get high profile companies to come to SC and will do the same for the Panthers.  Charlotte will talk big but ultimately will concede and give Tepper what he wants to keep the team in Charlotte.

Charlotte gov officials are also idiots b/c JR tried to get them to agree to a super long lease for a nominal amount to avoid the risk of what is about to happen and Charlotte declined.  

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Do it city council!

Charlotte will gladly help out.

Oh, shoot, just read the article.

I would be paying for it when I get my hotels when visiting friends in Charlotte. Yikes, I don’t want that. 

Nah, I’m playing. That’s fine, as I want the panthers to play in a dome.

1 hour ago, RenoCarolina said:

It means why should Tepper pay full price for a new stadium that is going to economically benefit every man, woman and child in the entire region?  It means why should Tepper pay full price for a new stadium when the precedent is clearly set nationwide for (at the very least) a combination of public/private funding?  I don't see anything confusing about the observation.

You have never struck me as naive in your posts but I can't think of any other description of someone who thinks an NFL owner is going to pay full price for a new stadium.  Tepper has been up front about it since he bought the team actually.

Reno gets the economics of it.

54 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Just found another article about the falcons stadium and this could get messy quickly.  apologies to @mc52beast as I can see where a 50% number came from.  

Basically the cost of the sphincter dome was going to be $1.2B and blank was requesting $300m from hotel tax revenue.  When that hit opposition he dropped it to $200m but somehow the state negotiators allowed clauses in the contract that, with the cost overruns will lead to a taxpayer cost of $700m.

Going to be a lot about this over the next year or two.  Tepper holds the cards and I expect some tough negotiating battles coming up.  

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/29/why-are-georgia-taxpayers-paying-700m-for-a-new-nfl-stadium

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think I'm going to go around to my neighbors this evening and pitch them on my idea to completely renovate and add onto my house. All I'm asking for them is to cover 50% of the cost. They should be thrilled that I'm offering them this fantastic opportunity to benefit from from the increased property value they'll have simply by living in the shadow of my magnificent spread.

Excuse my ignorance.

However, how much additional money would each individual be expected to pay in taxes to help contribute to this?  It does not seem to be a fair comparison between Tepper asking the public and you asking a neighborhood, so as someone not much informed on this, I'm definitely interested in knowing how much this would affect someone living in Charlotte. 

I, for one, would love a new stadium for the Panthers.  BOA is straight, but could definitely use an improvement.  I would also be okay with supporting the cause, but not if it would drastically change how much I pay.

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

I'd be all for them coming to Raleigh, but I highly doubt that'll happen.  

Tepper is already in bed with the SC legislature. If they move anywhere, it'll be just over the state line.

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Excuse my ignorance.

However, how much additional money would each individual be expected to pay in taxes to help contribute to this?  It does not seem to be a fair comparison between Tepper asking the public and you asking a neighborhood, so as someone not much informed on this, I'm definitely interested in knowing how much this would affect someone living in Charlotte. 

I, for one, would love a new stadium for the Panthers.  BOA is straight, but could definitely use an improvement.  I would also be okay with supporting the cause, but not if it would drastically change how much I pay.

The cost per person trap is a dangerous one. It would be a big overall number but low per person. It's not how much it would cost per person but what else those funds could be used for to better serve the community. Even if it's just an added hotel tax that wouldn't directly impact Charlotte tax payers, that's still tax revenue that could potentially be spent elsewhere. What is to the greater overall community benefit? I don't see how it's a new stadium.

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Raleigh is desperate for a new professional team of some kind and there are some investors in the area, along with new money flowing in, that might make it a reality. Beware Charlotte. 

I think that would be too far from the New team facility being built in SC

He wants to stay in Charlotte/area by that move alone

Archived