• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Camp Confidential episode 2 FFT53

GRWatcher

13 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

The Panthers have stepped up their content BIG TIME. Makes you wonder what sites like the Huddle and others can do to keep up? Haven't seen an uptick in Igo's content this training camp. WEIRD to me, this use to me my main spot for info but I find myself coming here less and less.....

@Jeremy Igo

There was a thread on this but it got deleted. I’ll just say this place is the only place outside of reddit for discussing the panthers. I personally don’t care about “exclusive” content. 

Sports outlets like espn, panthers beat writers, etc should be the ones worried. We don’t really need them anymore.

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

There was a thread on this but it got deleted. I’ll just say this place is the only place outside of reddit for discussing the panthers. I personally don’t care about “exclusive” content. 

Sports outlets like espn, panthers beat writers, etc should be the ones worried. We don’t really need them anymore.

Good point, but I have also noticed that discussions at the bottom of posts on the Panthers website have became more popular. Wonder if its a matter of time before most of us transition on there "full-time". 

The team (the league, really) holds all the content cards. They’ve clamped down in recent years in terms of access. They want to control content delivery as much as possible. It’s one main reason the content is so much better: they’ve thrown immense resources and budget at beefing up their digital teams.

Given all of those factors, their content SHOULD look, sound and feel sterling every time. No excuses really, and hell, I applaud their efforts. 

The Riot guys appear to have pretty good access—well earned too. They’ve been at it for a while and appear to be well-staffed. Their content is reflective of this. 

If you’re doing this deal solo, it’s a tough gig at times. Hey, look. That’s the nature of the business and you can’t complain about it. You just have to make the best out of everything. Last thing fans give two shits about is media people bitching about how bad they’ve got it.

I’m literally squeezing every ounce of juice out of the proverbial lemon that I can with my platform. Having fun doing it. 

It is what it is, as a wise old coach once said. 

E7E26892-55C8-42B7-84F6-E4797C5B7919.gif.693a42b71bd38b282c02f7feb3c40368.gif

Archived