• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something Positive

to be fair i think the reason there is drama there is because of our o-line and cam coming off a scope.  unlike the past it appears we have some areas shored up, and are left with a single issue that could completely derail the season - not multiple issues that will keep us from going far in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, raz said:

to be fair i think the reason there is drama there is because of our o-line and cam coming off a scope.  unlike the past it appears we have some areas shored up, and are left with a single issue that could completely derail the season - not multiple issues that will keep us from going far in the playoffs

To be fair, I feel like having a single issue (based around a non starter) is pretty positive compared to having multiple issues (based around starters).  

Does our O-Line need to play better?  Definitely.  I strongly feel the talent is there.  They just need to get it done.

You can look at this glass half empty of glass half full.

Half empty. The o-line can't protect Cam and wasn't properly address in the off season like I wanted. Cam's body is breaking down, and we have poop backups. Greg's body is breaking down. We don't have a dominant DT like Kris Jenkins, and we don't have dominant DE like Peppers, so 4-3 won't be great. We don't have a dominant NT like Vince Wilfork, so 3-4 won't be great. Our secondary lacks a Josh Norman type DB who will make big play INTS and pass breakups. Our passing game might be spooky bad, like no complete deep passes for multi-game stretches. We face the Saints (SB contender), Falcons (solid team), and the much improved Bucs. Yikes.

Half full. We have speed on offense, and speed kills. CMC's burst is nothing short of elite, and teams will have to scheme their defense to contain him. Moore and Samuel are play-makers, and add to that combo the intelligent and extremely talented Greg Olsen and you have enough weapons on offense to do well. Cam might just have a healthy season, and if he does, then the talent is there to win. The o-line just needs some time to gel as the season moves along, but the talent is in place. The d-line looks solid on paper, and our secondary should do better than last season with more pressure being applied from Burns and company. 

I can be negative or positive.

31 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Half empty. The o-line can't protect Cam and wasn't properly address in the off season like I wanted. Cam's body is breaking down, and we have poop backups. Greg's body is breaking down. We don't have a dominant DT like Kris Jenkins, and we don't have dominant DE like Peppers, so 4-3 won't be great. We don't have a dominant NT like Vince Wilfork, so 3-4 won't be great. Our secondary lacks a Josh Norman type DB who will make big play INTS and pass breakups. Our passing game might be spooky bad, like no complete deep passes for multi-game stretches. We face the Saints (SB contender), Falcons (solid team), and the much improved Bucs. Yikes.

Half full. We have speed on offense, and speed kills. CMC's burst is nothing short of elite, and teams will have to scheme their defense to contain him. Moore and Samuel are play-makers, and add to that combo the intelligent and extremely talented Greg Olsen and you have enough weapons on offense to do well. Cam might just have a healthy season, and if he does, then the talent is there to win. The o-line just needs some time to gel as the season moves along, but the talent is in place. The d-line looks solid on paper, and our secondary should do better than last season with more pressure being applied from Burns and company. 

Can't forget the "Glass is dirty" crowd that just hate the the coaching, the leadership, the fanbase and about 70% of the players. They think it's going to suck no matter what.

Honestly, there will be a big difference between opening day and the pre-season. We aren't doing anything but vanilla versions of our systems on defense and offense. We aren't game planning, but just trying guys here and there to determine depth charts and cuts. The guys on the O-line aren't hitting and getting physical like they will and we aren't pushing the CMC run game yet.

Once it matters, we'll get out there. And look, we were looking for a good reason to keep Cam on the bench until opening day. He'll be fine. And no one has a great QB as their QB2.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Can't forget the "Glass is dirty" crowd that just hate the the coaching, the leadership, the fanbase and about 70% of the players. They think it's going to suck no matter what.

Honestly, there will be a big difference between opening day and the pre-season. We aren't doing anything but vanilla versions of our systems on defense and offense. We aren't game planning, but just trying guys here and there to determine depth charts and cuts. The guys on the O-line aren't hitting and getting physical like they will and we aren't pushing the CMC run game yet.

Once it matters, we'll get out there. And look, we were looking for a good reason to keep Cam on the bench until opening day. He'll be fine. And no one has a great QB as their QB2.

We pretty much know what works on offense. CMC up the middle with that freakish burst. Heavy dose of that. Throw to Greg in the middle of the field for 15 yards with 0.001 yards after the carry. Some designed runs for Cam. Screen pass to CMC. Take some shots down field to Samuel. Get the ball to D.J in space, reverse ect. What's new will be better route running from our WRs, and hopefully a healthy Cam.

5 hours ago, raz said:

to be fair i think the reason there is drama there is because of our o-line and cam coming off a scope.  unlike the past it appears we have some areas shored up, and are left with a single issue that could completely derail the season - not multiple issues that will keep us from going far in the playoffs.

On paper put o-line is one of the best Cam has ever had here. Let’s not let Week 3 of the preseason make us all think the sky is falling. We’ve got studs up and down the o-line this year, and we even have a little bit of quality depth. I for one, am not concerned about the line just yet.

4 hours ago, pantherj said:

Except most of your negative points are crap. We did address the O line very well in the off season but expecting them to be proficient at blitz pickups before the season starts is stupid. Cam hurt his foot he isn't breaking down and so far Greg is good. We have 3 probowl DTs including one that is a 6 time probowler. Poe did his best work in a 3-4while with KC. Josh Norman wasn't Josh Norman until year 4. This is Bradberry's fourth year. Again we haven't even played a regular season down yet. Anyone who thinks we are in trouble isn't half full, they are totally full of it.

3 hours ago, LegioX said:

I have no hope for the OL.

There is lots of talent on our oline, and not just with the starters. The starting 5 haven't had a lot of time to.play together. 

They WILL get better. That is a fact. 

I know there is no patience for this in the modern nfl, but if is a fact of life that no other unit needs time to play together, to play well. 

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Except most of your negative points are crap. We did address the O line very well in the off season but expecting them to be proficient at blitz pickups before the season starts is stupid. Cam hurt his foot he isn't breaking down and so far Greg is good. We have 3 probowl DTs including one that is a 6 time probowler. Poe did his best work in a 3-4while with KC. Josh Norman wasn't Josh Norman until year 4. This is Bradberry's fourth year. Again we haven't even played a regular season down yet. Anyone who thinks we are in trouble isn't half full, they are totally full of it.

Truth.

7 hours ago, PhillyB said:

receivers - check

mike shula dead - check

speedbump paved over - check

safety - check

whole lot of chronic demons exorcised over the last two years or so. tepper and marty are unexpected christs

ooooo... you 'bout got me B.  Had my fist pumping and head banging all the way up to Marty....*fart noise*

:tongue:

Archived