• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Pick'em SZN 2, Week 2

UpstatePanther

It's that time again y'all! Welcome to guests from Twitter who aren't familiar with the Huddle! I wish I had got around to creating this before Week 1 of the NFL season, but I've been super busy with a move among other things. Let's start with a refresher of how this works for last year's participants and newcomers alike:

1) I will try to have this posted each week sometime on Monday, Tuesday morning at the latest.

2) This thread will be locked after kickoff of the first game of the week. No further entries will be allowed. Edits will be allowed until the thread is locked.

3) There's a "winner take all" Power Point each week. I think it adds an interesting twist, and helped avoid ties in the Huddle Pick'em standings at the end of the season last year. Rule is simple: you win the week, you get an extra win added your ratio at the end of the season. These do accrue, so it pays to make sure you think your picks through and add your tiebreakers.

4) I'll count ties as half-right much like the NFL counts a tie as half a win. If you correctly pick a tie, the entry will be worth the full point AND you will also receive a Power Point just like the Weekly Winner. Kudos for correctly picking a tie!

5) The tiebreakers will be the total points of the MNF game and the weekly Panthers game. For the Panthers' bye week, we'll use SNF instead. I'll use the MNF tiebreaker first, Panthers game second, if necessary.

6) I cannot accept new participants after Week 3. I do NOT care if dozens of people get in on the action between now and then. I can handle it. Get your picks in while you can. Keep up with it. I just can't allow people to hop in whenever they like and not post whenever they like. It's not fair to those who DO participate every week if I allow new participants each week. 

7) Similarly, I can't allow someone to miss more than 2 weeks, though you won't want to. If you miss a week, you do not make up those points. Those who missed 2 weeks last year had an almost impossible climb the rest of the season. If you miss a 3rd week, for my own convenience since I tally this myself, you will be removed from the competition. This is all for fun, but I don't want to just keep track of picks for people that aren't committed to the whole competition. 

8) Like last year, we'll just go to the end of the actual playoffs and let the results do the talking instead of a separate playoff structure here. Too complicated lol. 

Last year there was a prize for the winner, which he deferred to go to a good cause. I honored that request, but this year I can't afford to offer a prize. Maybe next year we can have a small entry fee and let it be a pot for the winner. Maybe even a 2nd and 3rd place prize. Let me know what y'all think of that idea. But this year, we'll do it strictly for bragging rights. 

I appreciate you all for coming, especially if you weren't a Huddle member and made the effort to come and set up an account to participate. Good luck everyone! 

TB @ CAR: CAR, 50pts
DAL @ WAS: DAL
IND @ TEN: TEN
SEA @ PIT: PIT
BUF @ NYG: BUF
NE @ MIA: NE
JAX @ HOU: HOU
MIN @ GB: GB
LAC @ DET: LAC
SF @ CIN: SF
AZ @ BAL: BAL
KC @ OAK: KC
NO @ LAR: NO
CHI @ DEN: DEN
PHI @ ATL: PHI

MNF: CLE @ NYJ: CLE, 35 pts

TB @ CAR: CAR, 55 pts
DAL @ WAS: DAL
IND @ TEN: TEN
SEA @ PIT: PIT
BUF @ NYG: BUF
NE @ MIA: NE
JAX @ HOU: HOU
MIN @ GB: GB
LAC @ DET: DET
SF @ CIN: CIN
AZ @ BAL: BAL
KC @ OAK: KC
NO @ LAR: LAR
CHI @ DEN: CHI
PHI @ ATL: PHI

MNF: CLE @ NYJ: CLE, 58 pts

TB @ CAR: CAR, 51 pts
SF @ CIN: CIN
NO @ LAR: LAR
CHI @ DEN: CHI

MNF: CLE @ NYJ: CLE, 40 pts

TB @ CAR: CAR, 35 points
IND @ TEN: IND
JAX @ HOU: JAX
MIN @ GB: MIN
NO @ LAR: NO
CHI @ DEN: CHI

MNF: CLE @ NYJ: NYJ, 44 pts

Cool, was wondering if you were going to do it again this year. Count me in.

TB @ CAR: CAR, 35 points