• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After 4 weeks the offensive line rank; after 8 weeks

onmyown

Offensive line is ranked slightly better than average coming in at 14/15th in the league depending on what stats you’re looking at.

Moton has been our best offensive lineman.

Putting in Little last week helped quite a bit, bumped us up a couple spots.

Paradis still struggling.

The Cowboys oline has played godly. I think following their footprint and drafting the hell out the oline is something I’d be down for.

The Cowboys with their amazing OL haven’t done anything at all since they’ve had it back in 2014. Yes it’s good to build in the trenches but having an elite OL at the expense of other positions on offense and defense is not a winning formula.

I'm not understanding the Paradis hate?  Coming off an injury, joining new team, new QB, new line mates.  Now he has a NEW new QB and the line keep shuffling around him.  Not to mention the guards beside him have not been great.

They are asking this guy to do some insane stuff.  He's doing what he can in this situation.  All in all he's not our worst problem.

21 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I think that this stat and rank is a bit misleading since Allen took over the ball has been out of his hands quickly and he's been dodging rushers. When Cam was under center he was being harrased frequently and they gave up several sacks. Paradis has been so bad too. Middle of the pack doesn't seem right. 

Allen wasn't stepping up into the pocket and could've prevented pretty much all of those strip sacks had he had any pocket awareness & acknowledgement of his tackles roles. Of course, given how little experience he has, it is to be expected. But hope is that his pocket awareness gets better soon.

And well, if Daryl Williams wasn't starting weeks 1 and 2, I bet it would've helped a whole lot more too.

3 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Allen wasn't stepping up into the pocket and could've prevented pretty much all of those strip sacks had he had any pocket awareness & acknowledgement of his tackles roles. Of course, given how little experience he has, it is to be expected. But hope is that his pocket awareness gets better soon.

And well, if Daryl Williams wasn't starting weeks 1 and 2, I bet it would've helped a whole lot more too.

Yeah you're right about the stepping up part. Cam never does it. Allen does but sometimes he forgets. 

6 hours ago, Saca312 said:

You know, I've got to disagree here. In the Houston game, and in Arizona, I saw Allen moving around pretty wisely in the pocket: just a step here, a quick skootch over there, and he had a very good tendency to move forward rather than back pedal and get in the way of the tackles' redirect lanes. 

Most of his sacks, working from memory here, were quick hit ones, often with just a missed assignment or a half-assed block thrown.

I think the kid has excellent pocket awareness, particularly considering  his inexperience. Not to slam Cam but his approach to movement in the pocket is totally different and is more predicated on his size, strength and ability to go upfield -- things that can lead to really bad sacks when they happen (with major, major yards lost at times). Allen's smaller size and musculature makes him more of a duck and weave kind of rush avoidance, which is fine, but when caught... whabbo.

7 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I think that this stat and rank is a bit misleading since Allen took over the ball has been out of his hands quickly and he's been dodging rushers. When Cam was under center he was being harrased frequently and they gave up several sacks. Paradis has been so bad too. Middle of the pack doesn't seem right. 

Getting the ball out quick helps any O line including teams like New Orleans who get the ball out quick.

Archived