• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Appreciation

KaseKlosed

Ron Rivera a victory away from being winningest coach in Panthers history.

Rivera 73-58-1
Fox 73-71
Capers 30-34
Seifert 16-32

Ron I appreciate you for your hours of hardwork. 

I appreciate you for bringing the bite back to our defense.

I appreciate you for believing in Cam and Kyle Allen.

I appreciate you for allowing Joey Slye to be the kicker. 

I appreciate you for Drafting Burns and Greg Little because you kept beating the drum of having more speed on defense and protecting the QB!!

Ron I appreciate you for walking out on David Newton or Pesrson... doesn't mattet they are both irrelevant 

Thank You!!!!!!!!!

Does the fact that Ron is 5-2 in career games without Cam do anything to dispel this talking point that “Cam made Ron” and “Ron owes his entire Career to Cam”? It’s too small a sample size to draw any definitive conclusions, but the limited empirical evidence suggests that’s pretty baseless. Not sure how you can reasonably distinguish their successes/failures when they’ve been a tandem for their entire careers.

It is going to be real funny when Ron is no longer the coach and the Huddle gets what it has asked for and all of a sudden the Huddle realizes that good coaches don't grow on trees. 

Ron took over after the 2010 season when the Panthers were the worst team in the NFL and basically had zero talent on the roster other than Cam and Smitty . . . and Cam was a rookie and Smitty was disgruntled.  The 2010 season was the worst display of football I have ever seen in my life and Ron inherited that team and turned them into a playoff team in a couple years. 

Maybe he has worn out his welcome in Carolina and it is time for a change, but make no mistake he will be re-hired instantly and will be successful at his next landing spot (whenever this may be).

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Does the fact that Ron is 5-2 in career games without Cam do anything to dispel this talking point that “Cam made Ron” and “Ron owes his entire Career to Cam”? It’s too small a sample size to draw any definitive conclusions, but the limited empirical evidence suggests that’s pretty baseless. Not sure how you can reasonably distinguish their successes/failures when they’ve been a tandem for their entire careers.

Yeah a lot of agenda huddlers are going to get *very* uncomfortable as Allen keeps tallying wins for this reason.  They've maintained for years that Ron is 0-58-1 and Cam is 71-0, or whatever.

34 minutes ago, jtm said:

It is going to be real funny when Ron is no longer the coach and the Huddle gets what it has asked for and all of a sudden the Huddle realizes that good coaches don't grow on trees. 

I'm pretty sure the exact same sentiment was thrown out there when we let go of John Fox. And Fox actually  did get another job fairly quick, but he didn't win a championship there either (or on the next one).

The whole "he'll get another job in a hot minute" argument is never a good enough reason to hold on to a guy if you don't think he's going to get you where you want to go. Teams aren't looking to have a guy with a great regular season record. They want championships. If you can't win one, they'll find somebody else who can.

There are a lot of jobs where is you can sustain a long, happy career in the same spot just by being good enough even if you're never great.

NFL head coach isn't one of them.

36 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

This will be popular, but in typical ask a controversial question Huddle style: "Has Cam Newton been holding Ron Rivera back?

lol

If he has, it's ultimately Ron's fault. Regardless of what a player is saying, when it's blatantly obvious that he shouldn't be on the field it's your job as the head coach to make that call.

Archived