• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Personal news, and a thank you.

ellis

John, I'm so glad you know how proud your mother was of your efforts and that she loved your work.  Those memories will be precious for you to hold on to.

Grace and strength to your family moving forward. I too lost my Mom when I was 38. 18 years ago. Still miss her terribly, but knowing she was proud of me is a wonderful gift I still treasure.

So very sorry for your loss. The measure of a parent is often found in their children and who you are speaks greatly as to how great she was. Keep up the good work and take some time among the grief to smile and laugh a bit at what must have been a life filled with good and memorable times.

Realized not long ago that I've actually lived more of my life without my parents than with them.

Had the chance to hold my mom's hand when she died, but passed on the last chance I would ever have to see my dad. Both memories still stick with me.

Condolences, dude. I understand.

Really sorry to hear about that man. Your write-ups and contributions to the Panthers fan base are amazing and you should be proud of that, I'm sure she would be.

I almost lost my mom this summer and she spent three months in the hospital. I had to take several emergency trips to NC. She just went home a week ago.

7 hours ago, ellis said:

My mom died on Friday. It wasn’t completely expected. It’s been a really really tough couple of weeks.

I want to thank you guys for letting me engage with you over those weeks with good conversations here. One of the last things she told me was how proud she was of the work we’ve done lately on the website and over on Twitter. So many of you guys here have made that possible, in a very short time.

The only thing she loved more than the Panthers was the joy it brought to her sons, seeing their faces as youngsters when the team would pull out one of those signature wins.  I just wanted to share that with you guys, and if it’s not your flavor, just like anything else it’s perfectly fine.

If I only had one subscriber, and it was her on her deathbed, it would be enough. Thank you guys for giving me a moment of your time today. We will still have updates throughout the week on today’s big win, and if and when we take a day or two off for the next steps, will give you a heads up.

Rest assured, this train ain’t stopping. She wouldn’t have allowed it.

I’m very sorry for the loss of your Mom

I really appreciate it. Y’all are entirely too kind. We don’t have to go 10 pages deep with this, but I certainly appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I’m lucky to have a great family of my own, three beautiful kids and a great wife. That’s a hell of a support system. We’re going to be just fine. But man, it sucks losing a parent. Jolts you for a while. 

Truly sorry to hear that. Next to losing a child (witnessed first hand that situation when my dad passed away and his mother, my grandma, had to say her last goodbye), losing a parent may be the hardest thing to go through.  Cherish all the good memories, share when and where needed, and pay the love forward.  Keep pounding and stay strong.

Archived