• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s all laugh at the Falcons

TNPanther

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll freely admit I don't know if Blank has ever fired someone midseason.

Only once since he bought the team in February 2002.

In 2003, he fired Dan Reeves after starting the season 0-7 (without Vick who broke his leg in the preseason) and Wade Phillips took over as interim.

In 2007, Bobby Petrino resigned after 13 games, but he technically wasn’t fired (unless it was a “behind closed doors” thing which is very possible).

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was speculation he might be fired as soon as this week.

I'll freely admit I don't know if Blank has ever fired someone midseason.

I don't believe he has -- not his style, and Quinn will likely be allowed to finish the year out given his early successes. But it's coming without a winning season. 

6 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Only once since he bought the team in February 2002.

In 2003, he fired Dan Reeves after starting the season 0-7 (without Vick who broke his leg in the preseason) and Wade Phillips took over as interim.

In 2007, Bobby Petrino resigned after 13 games, but he technically wasn’t fired (unless it was a “behind closed doors” thing which is very possible).

Yeah, I'd have to say counting Petrino is a bit of a stretch.

He wasn't so much fired as he was just a douchebag.

(him giving a college chant in the presser announcing his departure showed that pretty clearly)

6 minutes ago, Borat said:

I don't believe he has -- not his style, and Quinn will likely be allowed to finish the year out given his early successes. But it's coming without a winning season. 

What is it about Quinn anyway?

Was the Super Bowl season an illusion? Did losing like he did ruin him? Was Shanahan the real success driver? What's the deal?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What is it about Quinn anyway?

Was the Super Bowl season an illusion? Did losing like he did ruin him? Was Shanahan the real success driver? What's the deal?

Shanahan and now Jones + Ryan (the latter indisputably bettered by Shanahan's influence, even 2.5 years down the road) have kept him around. The defense has never gotten anywhere near the level required of a guy hired because of his defensive nous, especially given he's got some decent pieces to play with. 

Re: choking the SB, that can't have helped his executive function, but he was known as a boneheaded game manager by the halfway point of '15

Archived