• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

10+ NFL teams really interested in seeing if Cam Newton goes up for trade

Saca312

5 minutes ago, GreensboroPirate said:

Dak Prescott is going to command 35 million.  20 million is nothing for qbs now, you have to adjust.

35-40 million for top end quartbacks

28-31 million for Kirk Cousin type quarterbacks

20 million will be the absolute low end for anyone who is a borderline starter

Kyle Allen will ask for a lot of money if we trade Cam Newton and has all the leverage

That's if he still produces at a high level AND is the undisputed starter.  I have a feeling that if Cam is traded, we just hand Allen the job without any serious competition.  That said, I imagine Allen's new contract would be incentive laden and could hit $20 with all the perks.   It would not be $20 million base though.  Absolutely no way....

2 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Just to get in on the action, and I don't want a trade but...

if we do, can we please send him to an organization that will give him amazing coaches, an amazing line and amazing weapons so we can see him reach his full potential? That's all he has missed from playing here.

Very few of those exist and the ones that do aren’t looking for new QB

56 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Arizona - just drafted Murray, rebuilding X
Atlanta - Ryan still playing at high level, on a multiyear deal X
Baltimore - Lamar Jackson now their young franchise QB X
Buffalo - Drafted Josh Allen as their franchise QB, who is improving X
Cincinnati - Dalton still franchise QB, if they moved from him they are rebuilding regardless X
Chicago - Trubisky is awful, and they are pseudocontenders, they very well might do it ✔️
Cleveland - Baker is their young franchise QB X
Dallas - Dak is their proven young franchise QB X
Denver - Drafted Lock, but may see Cam as an option if Elway still is trying to contend.  Generous inclusion. ✔️
Detroit - Stafford is their franchise QB X
Green Bay - Rodgers is their franchise QB X
Houston - Watson is their young franchise QB X
Indianapolis - Brissett is their young franchise QB X
Jacksonville - Foles/Minshew are their QBs now X
Kansas City - Mahomes is their young franchise QB X
LA Chargers - Rivers is their franchise QB still playing at a high level X
LA Rams - Geoff is their young franchise QB X
Miami - Might consider Rosen their future, either way rebuilding and not looking to contend anytime soon X
Minnesota - They are stuck with Cousins on that deal X
New England - TB12 is their franchise QB X
New Orleans - Brees still QB, Bridgewater being groomed as the successor X
NY Giants - Jones is their young franchise QB X
NY Jets - Darnold is their young franchise QB X
Oakland - Carr is their franchise QB X
Philadelphia - Wentz is their franchise QB X
Pittsburgh - Big Ben still franchise QB, Mason Rudolph the successor X
San Francisco - Jimmy G their young franchise QB X
Seattle - Wilson their franchise QB X
Tampa Bay - MAYBE, very possibly the most "realistic" landing spot, given they've been already rebuilding ✔️
Tennessee - Another landing spot possibility given they've given up on Mariota ✔️
Washington - About to be rebuilding X

Depending on the draft next year, a few of those teams might have taken themselves off the list by drafting a QB prospect in the 1st round anyways.  The market is just realistically not going to be robust at all.

This list is embarrassing. 

Let's play out a scenario where the Panthers would even entertain the idea of trading Cam in the offseason. The teams that would have serious interest are:

• Washington - they spend money and always think they are one player away. Most attractive option, since they will have a very high pick in the draft next year. 
  • Denver - also believe they are one good QB away from making a run. Less attractive top draft pick available.
  • Buffalo - a team on the rise, only missing a solid QB. Middling draft pick.
  • Indianapolis - Brissett is not their savior. Cam would elevate that team.
  • Tampa Bay - please. 

If Miami, Cincinnati or Tennessee thought they were closer to contending, they might be in the mix, too. However, these teams have a lot of issues and Cam would only be attractive to teams that believe their window is now.

Of these, I would have to say Washington is the best candidate. Dan Snyder loved the game RGIII brought to DC and Cam is the model, not the copy, in which RGIII was built.

If the Panthers don't think Allen is the long-term choice, there's the pick to go out and find one. If he looks manageable, then spend it on BPA. It might not be the most fan-friendly idea, but there is some real thought to the idea that your window for winning a Super Bowl relates to having a QB who isn't taking up a big chunk of the salary cap (other than Tom Brady, who is just nuts and has taken less money). Look at the last 10 or so winners. Their QBs, AT THAT TIME, did not have huge contracts. 

But, at the end of the day, I just don't see any trade happening.

ETA: Eli Manning and Drew Brees were in the top 10, but neither was in the top-5 for QB salaries for the years they won. Tom Brady was not in the top 10 the last two times the Pats won the Super Bowl, as well.

Just now, 45catfan said:

That's if he still produces at a high level AND is the undisputed starter.  I have a feeling tht if Cam is traded, we just hand Allen the job.  That said, I imagine Allen's new contract would be incentive laden and could hit $20 with all the perks.   It would not be $20 million base though.  Absolutely no way....

Some team will toss the bank at Allen, granted if he doesn’t hold this team hostage via holdout. Like another user stated, trading Cam (especially prematurely this season) would place all of the leverage in KA’s lap to essentially demand whatever he wants or feels entitled to. 

And with the way he’s been playing, I see no reason as to why he would leave money on the table. 

I love that teams are all about him but right now we need to see what both Kyle and Cam can do. Newton is injured right now and will be till the Falcons game. If Allen hasn't lost a game till then I will entertain that idea. Why because it's the best situation for Newton and Carolina both. That's almost a month out though. 

19 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Some team will toss the bank at Allen, granted if he doesn’t hold this team hostage via holdout. Like another user stated, trading Cam (especially prematurely this season) would place all of the leverage in KA’s lap to essentially demand whatever he wants or feels entitled to. 

And with the way he’s been playing, I see no reason as to why he would leave money on the table. 

Just FYI, Allen needs two seasons (6+ games on the roster) under his belt before he can negotiate with other teams. We can sign him to the minimum next year. Obviously if he continues to play this way we try to lock him up to a long term contract. But I don't think there is a holdout scenario.

• 1. Bengals - for sure would take Cam
  • 2. Broncos - Not buying into Flacco being a long term solution
  • 3. Colts - They'd likely be interested at the very least
  • 4. Miami - They'd love to have him and they have the collateral. Lord knows they can't draft the right guy.
  • 5. Minnesota - One week they want a new quarterback the next they think Kirk is great
  • 6. Oakland - Gruden has always like Cam
  • 7. Tampa - I doubt we'd trade them but they have to be frustrated with Jameis
  • 8. Titans - Mariota is all but out
  • 9. Washington - Yeah they have Haskins but I think they're aware he needs to sit and learn for a while
  • 10. Pitt/Chargers/Packers/Lions - at least one of these teams has to be considering the fact that their quarterbacks getting older and might need  a change of pace.
  • 11. Bears - Trubinsky has not looked great.

Hope he retires a Panther whenever he feels fit. Very pleased Allen has put us in a position to be successful upon Cam's return.

24 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Just FYI, Allen needs two seasons (6+ games on the roster) under his belt before he can negotiate with other teams. We can sign him to the minimum next year. Obviously if he continues to play this way we try to lock him up to a long term contract. But I don't think there is a holdout scenario.

Which Kyle Allen would essentially be betting on himself to accept a possible paltry sum or massive payday. That’s where this gets tricky.

damn autocorrect 

15 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Which Kyle Allen would essentially be betting on himself to accept a possible poultry sum or massive payday. That’s where this gets tricky.

Yup. He's likely smart enough to try and be the next Jimmy G

Chicago, Denver, Indy and Buffalo instantly become superbowl contenders with Cam.. Those 4 are no brainers.. Tampa, Minnesota, and Jacksonville all jumped another level with Cam and the weapons they have.. This is just off the top of my head..

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Matt Ryan is having one of the best seasons of his career. His highest completion percentage at over 72%. Over 100 rating. On pace to throw the most TDs and yards of his career. They aren't trading for Newton.

If Cam Newton is tied to 0-9 despite all possible contributing factors and his overall career, how is Matt Ryan not responsible for being 1-5?

Logic seems to change quickly around here depending on the name.

2 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

hope to never see it but man this fan base deserves it

Fan base? The huddle is what....a thousand posters? Half of them are alts... does fillIng up 1/4 a section in BOA constitute as the fan base? 

do you live in Charlotte? Do you go to games, get out of the house and physically meet and interact with other fans and the panther community?

your pea brain should learn the ‘fan base’ doesn’t consist of the 6 people on an Internet forum and only the ones that trigger you

what a dumbass comment

Archived