• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next coach!!

Panfan35

I'm usually not big on the prospects of college coaches, but I'm VERY intrigued by Lincoln Riley. Back to back Heisman winners and #1 overall picks in an offense that just puts up video game numbers. Pair him with a legit NFL DC and I think you have a chance for something special.

The biggest question about Riley is the fact that he has literally zero NFL experience. Not as a player, not as a coach, nothing. That in and of itself is concerning enough, but beyond that you have to wonder about what type of contacts and resources he has in terms of recruiting and hiring NFL coaches. I'm sure he has a pretty extensive list of contacts coaching a program that produces a lot of NFL prospects, but I'm not sure how that would translate in terms of getting experienced, proven NFL coaches to sign up to work on his staff.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm usually not big on the prospects of college coaches, but I'm VERY intrigued by Lincoln Riley. Back to back Heisman winners and #1 overall picks in an offense that just puts up video game numbers. Pair him with a legit NFL DC and I think you have a chance for something special.

The biggest question about Riley is the fact that he has literally zero NFL experience. Not as a player, not as a coach, nothing. That in and of itself is concerning enough, but beyond that you have to wonder about what type of contacts and resources he has in terms of recruiting and hiring NFL coaches. I'm sure he has a pretty extensive list of contacts coaching a program that produces a lot of NFL prospects, but I'm not sure how that would translate in terms of getting experienced, proven NFL coaches to sign up to work on his staff.

I find the prospect of Riley in NFL to be vastly overrated. It's easy to say that his offense would work in the NFL but look at how many teams are running a similar style and not winning games. College coaches scare me because most who don't succeed in year 1 most likely will go back to the college game in a year or two. So I may be in the minority who is saying no to any college coaches.

My top choices (as of right now) would be Eric Bienemy, Kris Richard, Dan Campbell, or Don Martindale. There may be others who I would look at soon but so far, those are my favorites.

1 hour ago, methodtoll said:

I find the prospect of Riley in NFL to be vastly overrated. It's easy to say that his offense would work in the NFL but look at how many teams are running a similar style and not winning games. College coaches scare me because most who don't succeed in year 1 most likely will go back to the college game in a year or two. So I may be in the minority who is saying no to any college coaches.

My top choices (as of right now) would be Eric Bienemy, Kris Richard, Dan Campbell, or Don Martindale. There may be others who I would look at soon but so far, those are my favorites.

Bienemy fits one of my absolute no go criteria - Andy Reid offensive protege.

22 hours ago, Panfan35 said:

So what would it take to get josh McDaniel from the pats or Lincoln riley from OU. I know tepper will spare no expense on this hire because he wants a winning program. These are my top 2 what are some other names out there.. 

McDaniels isn’t going anywhere.. he’s next after Belicheck.. why do u think he crapped on Indy!!??

14 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Our defense has been pretty good this season, over all.  Not a joke like last year.  We are getting sacks, interceptions.  The defense has been more responsible for our win streak than anything else.

Then again, I think Allen has been fool's gold too (in relation to how much people hype him).

A good defence needs to scheme against various situations. Every side will run into mismatches, during the game if something's not working you need to have a strategy to negate that weakness. 

Running the same old zone defense packages and then throwing your players under the bus (post game) because they are getting fooled by plays made to purposely trick them is something a coach incapable of finding a way to counter what the opponent is scheming against them does.

In post game once against he mentions 5 specific plays that the team messed up on which cost them the game. Same crap every week.

A good coach will be fuming, sit in the film room for hours and come out the room with a way to destroy the plays that made his team look like fools. They will try and find a way to put the players in a position that will negate at least 50% of misdirection of a specific formation.

Ron doesn't do that. He looks at the film then points out faults his players made that cost them the game. Because in his mind the only way to win is for his players to outplay the opponents in all aspects, during all 4 quarters. His own words, not mine.

It's all about attitude, and Rowboat Ron ain't got the type of attitude that hates losing, and hates been made a fool of.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, Mr. Scot said:

By the way, to anybody pining for Josh McDaniels, I'm pretty sure he's been told that he'll be handed the keys to the Patriots whenever Belichick decides to retire.

Wouldn't make any bets on prying him away from New England.

Belicheck would never lie to anyone 

On 10/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Dan Campbell

Hey, you keep your hands off our coaching staff!

:mad:

On 10/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, stankowalski said:

How great would that be if he came here and won a Super Bowl.

If so, just know we’re showing up with a grinder and we’re taking our half of that Lombardi.

We’ll give y’all the option if you want it cut down the middle vertically or horizontally.

:shades:

On 10/27/2019 at 9:49 PM, t96 said:

Zimmer has been terrible for the Vikings. Their GM has stacked their roster on both sides of the ball and Zimmer still hasn’t even gotten as far as the championship game in what, 6 seasons? All my family is from MN and are all Vikes fans and I follow them quite a bit, trust me, they hate him more than we’ve hated Ron here.

He has one losing season in 5.5 years there so far, and it was his 1st year as HC with a journeyman and a rookie at QB, and his star RB suspended for 15 games and he still won 7 games. His defenses have all been top-10 in scoring (with the exception of his first year where they were 11th) and three being top-5 units including this year. Also including this year, his defense has been top-5 in yards every year since 2016.

They win 3 games of their last 8 and that'll have them with 3 consecutive winning seasons, something Rivera has yet to accomplish 9 years on the job.

14 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Hey, you keep your hands off our coaching staff!

:mad:

If so, just know we’re showing up with a grinder and we’re taking our half of that Lombardi.

We’ll give y’all the option if you want it cut down the middle vertically or horizontally.

:shades:

He has one losing season in 5.5 years there so far, and it was his 1st year as HC with a journeyman and a rookie at QB, and his star RB suspended for 15 games and he still won 7 games. His defenses have all been top-10 in scoring (with the exception of his first year where they were 11th) and three being top-5 units including this year. Also including this year, his defense has been top-5 in yards every year since 2016.

They win 3 games of their last 8 and that'll have them with 3 consecutive winning seasons, something Rivera has yet to accomplish 9 years on the job.

You’re just trying to justify choking it against them in the playoffs. Zimmer sucks, he’s had the most stacked roster in the league in MN and hasn’t done poo except beat the Aints.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:11 PM, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I mean.  It did.  This was one bad game.  Our defense has been insanely better than last year.

We shouldn't judge it by 1 bad game..right?  Or is it only Allen that gets that pass.

Pass defense is better, because we can get to the passer and the secondary is better.  Run defense is worse though.

Archived