• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After yesterdays game. We need Cam next year.

ncsfinest21

If we really think CMC is doing well now. Having Cam in would make him even more elite. Allen isnt a threat to run. These reads hold defenses for a couple seconds. With Cam (if foot healthy) adds another run option that would hold another LB. Allen is playing great and for once he showed he can comeback and throw the ball rather then CMC doing all the work and the defense. But against GB the defense was horrid against the run. Allen did it with his arm and I have confidence in him as a backup. But Cam just makes this team more dynamic and that wouldve helped CMC get in the end zone on that final play. I think they wouldnt stack the middle because they wouldve had to have someone watch Cam or Cam walks in easily for a TD. Cam really would make this offense and run game open up in a big way.

Kyle as of right now doesn’t amplify the offense, he doesn’t add a wrinkle or trait that cam didn’t when healthy.

the healthy part is key.

cmc has been playing at an mvp level to make this offense look decent.

any article, writer, “source” claiming it’s already been decided is blowing hot air. A LOT of factors logical play a role in the ultimate decision, which most wont come into play at least until February of next year 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Heres the thing...

I don't really think it matters whether we're playing well or not.

The factors that are coming between the team and Newton aren't affected by team performance.

And while I agree it's possible, right now neither side seems willing to budge.

This.  As fans we want to believe both sides are approaching next year without the emotion or baggage of what all has transpired over the past 9 years, and especially the last 3, but that is absolutely not the case.

In a perfect world I agree with everything the OP has stated, but the reality is that right now every objective sign points to Cam being in another jersey next year.

It sucks, but at least for me personally, I think it helps to try to think of Cam as a Panther in the past tense.  I don't say that with anything but sadness and appreciation for what he has done for this franchise and city.

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Yea, I agree with you OP. 

Cam will have an extended time to actually rest that shoulder, and his foot will be 100%. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he came out like Luck did last year, and have a great season.

Aggie, I think this is about the third contract and Cam's age/playing style more than anything else.   Yes, Cam has something left in the tank and was showing signs of becoming great in this system--Tepper is a hedge funder--they buy risky prospects and dump them when they are showing signs of "petering out".  I wonder if that mindset is at play here.

4 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Wonder if Tepper has lost confidence in Cams ability to stay on the field

and while Allen’s TO’s hurt us yesterday, he put them behind him and kept going...I thought he showed a lot in a hostile environment on a huge stage while our OL broke down right in front of him

I’d say he has.  I don’t think we can blame Cam, but I think Tepper has little confidence in Cam staying healthy and leading the team and he won’t pay Cam 30 million per season at his age.  His background in hedge funds being the main reason.  Kyle has done well enough to this point and I think Tepper will allow Cam to leave via trade, release as a last resort, before giving him a huge contract.  

Archived