• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Over/under for attendance Today

Squirrel

Tepper might wan't to think again about a new stadium not funded by PSL owners.  If publicly funded, they would have to actually report attendance figures and not hide behind the empty PSL seats.  I chuckle every time a sell out is announced and there are some sections clearly more empty than full.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Tepper might wan't to think again about a new stadium not funded by PSL owners.  If publicly funded, they would have to actually report attendance figures and not hide behind the empty PSL seats.  I chuckle every time a sell out is announced and there are some sections clearly more empty than full.

Bro where have you been,  the sell out streak is done since tepper doesn't buy back the unused tickets like jr use to do 

9 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Bro where have you been,  the sell out streak is done since tepper doesn't buy back the unused tickets like jr use to do 

Been selling my tickets for a few years now, but I did go to a couple games last year and I thought they announced a sell out crowd.  

Tepper will be sitting in his climate-controlled box looking out into the ocean of blue seats before him, thinking 2 things:

1. In Pittsburgh it did not matter how bad the weather was--rain, snow, more snow, snowish rain---and of course, below freezing temperatures and temperatures just above freezing before the wind chill was factored in---fans showed up because they were loyal to the product on the field.  They felt the need to support their team, to wave Terrible towels, and to eat expensive concession stand food and drink IRON CITY beer for $5 a cup.

2.  Perhaps a domed stadium would eliminate this problem, but how will we get these soft sissies from their cars to the stadium without getting wet in this 53 degree drizzle?   We need a domed shuttle service too.  Oh, and a climate-controlled tailgate facility for the die hard fans.  

But he knows it starts with the product on the field.  Mediocrity does not put fans in seats or bring you the draft picks you might need to rebuild.  It is Limbo---and Tepper did not get rich in Limbo.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe if he came down on the price :thinking:

So we have to pay people to take tickets now?  I'm so glad I was able to offload all my tickets this season.  I usually sell them by game.  Something told me not to do that this year and sell them all in as a package deal.  Yeah, I took a small loss on a package deal, but man if I still had to sell them off individually..... :poison:

Archived