• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston On Cam Newton - "Why does Cam get to have just average lines..."

bobsfoodbasics

Tre isn't wrong about this. 

Our offensive lines for the vast bulk of Cam's tenure have been criminally bad

Look at Grier yesterday. He got absolutely rocked and knocked out of the game.

Over the past 2 years alone, our offensive line has gotten Newton, Heinicke, Allen, and now Grier hurt to the point of having to leave the game.

It's embarrassing. 

I'm honestly glad Tre is saying this. I dont think he's worried about being back next year

It is the truth. I can't think of any QB in their right mind that would want to play behind this offensive line right now.

Allen and Grier aren't the answer, but they never had a chance behind this atrocity.

Both those guys are better than other backups that have taken snaps this season.

This is why I get so angry with uneducated national media ever question Cam's toughness.

Heinicke, Allen, nor Grier were wussies but they got injured getting hit bc this team couldn't assemble a unit capable of proving not dominance but not even q baseline of protection 

Tre has always spoken his mind.  Sometimes to his own detriment.  But can't lie, I appreciate him speaking up on this to continue the momentum to rebuilding the OL first and foremost. 

Based on some of the comments today, really felt like the offense and defense were two different teams at times and didn't support each other.  Or at least players lacking support in decision making (cough Hurney cough). Defensive group chats about playing elsewhere, defensive support of Cam, almost feels like some outright shots at the offense or decision making there & personnel there. Might just be frustration boiling over, but a lot of honest feelings being spoken instead of the usual "we have to get better" blah blah. 

Archived