• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Slow

Ship

5 minutes ago, Ship said:

I care about going fast because it ensures we pick our coach out of the widest pool available instead of a shrinking pool that other teams didn't want. We've already had time to be thinking about this, it should be more direct at this point and not having McCarthy over again because he surprised us.

The only choice we had to begin with who is now off the market is the guy we fired.

I’m just sick about Hurney staying with this team in any capacity 

it took all the optimism out of me 

I get that some of the GMs Tepper wants might be tied to after the draft but I’d put an interim in place before I’d have Hurney in the building 

keeping Hurney has seriously made me question Tepper.  The guy could be fired tomorrow and no one would want him but Jerry’s boy still has a job

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

As I stated elsewhere, this is an unusually low turnover year for head coaches.  Washington already hired our cast-off, so with so few openings, we can afford to take our time and make sure we get the right staff in place.

This post has no place on the huddle. It is logical. 

A coach on a wildcard team can still have the interview scheduled for after the game this weekend. The rules allow a coach whose team lost to interview and for a team who won the team has to grant permission to interview that week before the divisional game. 

In 2017 after the Seahawks beat the Lions in the Wild Card round on 1/7/17, the Bills were on a plane to Seattle to interview Kris Richard (Seahawks DC) on the next day 1/8/17. Do you all think they got all that set up the night after the game the day before??

We should already be scheduling with McDaniels and Stefanski this week.

Just now, trueblade said:

You don't know when they will be available. We've requested McDaniels. That's pretty all we can do until their teams are eliminated or we get to the Super Bowl bye week.

For either one the interview would be next week no matter what- win or lose. If their team wins the team has to approve it for next week and if they refuse then we'd have to wait til they're eliminated. I'm saying we should already be asking for a day next week set for approval after their games this weekend. Next week will see probably 3-4 teams asking to interview these guys and if they're on winning squads then some teams will be rejected and out in the cold til after the coach's team is eliminated. I can't imagine a team will approve that many interviews in one week for a coach preparing for another playoff game. And Dallas and NY will be throwing their weight around to be first in line.

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Two top choices, McDaniels and Roman won't be available by to talk to for a while. Making a hire before we talk to them would be a big mistake.

We haven't inquired about Roman, or Stefanski for that matter. 

Couldn't interview them yet, but there's nothing stopping us from requesting interviews.

I'm starting to think we might not be interested in either of them.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We haven't inquired about Roman, or Stefanski for that matter. 

Couldn't interview them yet, but there's nothing stopping us from requesting interviews.

I'm starting to think we might not be interested in either of them.

Why can’t we schedule Roman? Is he not on bye this week? I think we could even interview him.

Archived