• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Focusing on 4 Candidates per report

ncfan

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I mean did they list their sources or are they just taking what Hurney is telling them? Since it’s clear he’s feeding them info. 

There are plenty of sources other than Hurney that know who our candidates are.

Hell, pretty much all of us knew these names.

Every angle I look at brings me back to the Mc's.  New is not always better, actually in the NFL , it's really just the opposite.  

We got one coach that has made a name for himself and after being let go, actually became even a bigger student of the game.  Dude, hasn't been chilling in a La-Z-boy, pounding a 12 pack of beer watching sitcoms.  He's actually self-scouted, trying to correct bad tendencies while looking tape of other successful clubs to incorporate certain aspects into his portfolio.

The other was a rookie HC (that I'm so leery of now) and took his lumps doing OJT, which ultimately led to a failed experiment.  He went back as a coordinator and I'm sure has picked Bill's brain about what could have been done different or at least done better. This time he'll know what to expect versus having to find his HC sea legs.  I mean, heck, even Belichick wasn't all that successful in his first stop.

8 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I DM'd Jordan and she actually responded and says she is thinking Josh McDaniels is the favorite. If this is true will he choose us over Cleveland? I also heard the Giants are out of the running

FWIW

@RoaringRiot also came on here the other day and said he'd put money down in Vegas for McDaniels to be our next HC

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

FWIW

@RoaringRiot also came on here the other day and said he'd put money down in Vegas for McDaniels to be our next HC

Also, with the reports coming out from last year saying he was the first option, the fact that we are still waiting after interviewing McCarthy and Bieniemy twice and only focused on 4 guys really makes you think Tepper knows who he wants..

Thats it???

Josh seems to be the best choice, but I can not get over the fact he did all of sort of research and came to the conclusion that Tim Teblows was a first rounder at QB. I normally dont stay on 1 giant negative, but that is not HC material if you signed off on spending a 1st on guy that could not throw. 

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

No to Rhule and I'm iffy on a would-be rookie HC.  I know some of you are completely against retreads, but given that narrow list, I'll definitely take one of the retreads.

Usually if an experienced coach is available he at best average and at worst bad.  

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Most impressive of the bunch. He's my guy

Based on what exactly.

14 minutes ago, SBiii said:

One of the four has successful head coaching experience.

Tepper cant afford to gamble on an unproven coach -- can't afford to go through this again in 2 years.

Why did GB get rid of him?  How much did he win with arguable one of the best QBs of all time.

Personally I would be Ok with anyone on the list.  We definitely could do worse.  

Short of us getting Bellicheck, I'm not really sure any coach is a sure thing.

Bieniemy makes me nervous just because by most accounts Andy Reid is heavily involved in the offense.  This is where the owner and GM have to do their homework.

McCarthy definitely fits the idea of experienced better than the others.  For a so called "retread" he has a better record than most.  He has won a SuperBowl but should have he won more with Rogers?  Would he be somewhat like Rivera?

McDanials struggled at this first try at being a HC.  Personally I really don't hold that against him.  Coaches can develop also, just like players.  Bill's coaching tree really hasn't set the world of fire.  Maybe he is due.  Like McCarthy he also had arguably the best QB of all time.

Rhule is probably my favorite for whatever reason.  I'm a fan of coaches who can win with the lesser talent.  I know he doesn't have pro HC experience but he is a HC at college.  Who is better to run an NFL team?  a pro coordinator or college HC.  A college HC has to be a CEO basically where as a coordinator is able to focus on one job.

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Usually if an experienced coach is available he at best average and at worst bad.  

Based on what exactly.

Why did GB get rid of him?  How much did he win with arguable one of the best QBs of all time.

Personally I would be Ok with anyone on the list.  We definitely could do worse.  

Bieniemy makes me nervous just because by most accounts Andy Reid is heavily involved in the offense.  This is where the owner and GM have to do their homework.

McCarthy definitely fits the idea of experienced better than the others.  For a so called "retread" he has a better record than most.  He has won a SuperBowl but should have he won more with Rogers?  Would he be somewhat like Rivera?

McDanials struggled at this first try at being a HC.  Personally I really don't hold that against him.  Coaches can develop also, just like players.  Bill's coaching tree really hasn't set the world of fire.  Maybe he is due.  Like McCarthy he also had arguably the best QB of all time.

Rhule is probably my favorite for whatever reason.  I'm a fan of coaches who can win with the lesser talent.  I know he doesn't have pro HC experience but he is a HC at college.  Who is better to run an NFL team?  a pro coordinator or college HC.  A college HC has to be a CEO basically where as a coordinator is able to focus on one job.

Here is a little history from Chris Simms who played for McDaniels in Denver:

"

“Josh got an unfair shake in Denver, and I don’t think that’s what people really realize,’’ Simms said. “The things that need to be talked about in Denver, does he deserve some blame? Sure. I’m sure he thinks back and goes, ‘Man, I wish I didn’t trade Jay Cutler away.’ I don’t think the things people realize is the Broncos were going broke, I don’t think he was allowed to get the free agents he was promised before he got there. With the New England system and what they do, it being more complicated than most systems, it takes more than one year to get those kinds of guys in there.

“He would recognize he made a mistake in having a first-time GM [Brian Xanders] as well. Josh had to venture over to that side of it, instead of just coaching the team. The first-time GM was trying to get his feet underneath him and figure out what Josh wanted, that added to more pressure and more scrutiny on Josh, because it took him away from the coaching during the season, and there he was trying to help out in personnel as well.”

https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/witness-to-the-mini-bill-belichick-go-get-him-giants/

13 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Based on what exactly.

I've got six words for you: John Gruden Super Bowl winning coach.

Archived