• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan base reactions to Rhule

crowntownpanther

I’m worried about what I’ve seen from our fan base reactions for the most part so far.  It’s clear this is meant to be a long term move based on the contract (even though Tepper could still send him packing early), but it doesn’t seem like the fan base is ready to give him a shot to rebuild.  They want win now.  I’m very optimistic, but I always am.  I’m excited to see us move In a different direction, and while I can always hope for immediate results I know it will most likely take some time.  

1 minute ago, crowntownpanther said:

I’m worried about what I’ve seen from our fan base reactions for the most part so far.  It’s clear this is meant to be a long term move based on the contract (even though Tepper could still send him packing early), but it doesn’t seem like the fan base is ready to give him a shot to rebuild.  They want win now.  I’m very optimistic, but I always am.  I’m excited to see us move In a different direction, and while I can always hope for immediate results I know it will most likely take some time.  

After two losing seasons already the idea of a rebuild and more losing seasons is hardly exciting. Tepper may be looking at a long term plan but 2020 is year 3 for me under his ownership. So no I am not looking forward to more years of losing. Especially when I have season tickets and have to spend thousands of dollars to see a losing product or lose my PSLs ( which might not be a terrible idea right about now.)

Half of this fan base never even heard his name before we interviewed him.  The same people have never read anything on him.  Half of this fan base have never watched a single half of Baylor football.

Half of this fan base wouldve been mad with McDaniels 

Half of this Fan Base would've been mad with the Chiefs OC

Half of the fan base would've been mad with the Vikings OC while half of the Vikings fan base wanted us to take him from them

75% of this fan base had Kyle Allen as the QB of the future week 6 

12 minutes ago, crowntownpanther said:

I said it years ago if we took Hurney back we were looking at our super bowl window closing with the Allstars we had. My prophecy has come true. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fanbase reaction doesn't really mean anything.

Ill take all the people who covered football, played football, been around the NFL, etc reactions.

And theyve been pretty dam good.  And pretty much laughing and Jumping all over Gettleman for not getting him.

52 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Because  he had won 4 games in a row? We were cautiously optimistic to ready to give him a $200m deal. The media fed it too.   That got me curious....

The defense crumbled and Allen showed that he cannot put the team on his back and bring them from behind.  To be honest, Cam struggled a bit from behind too. He is 68-53-1 as a starting QB (56%).  He has 15 fourth quarter come-from-behind wins and 17 game-winning drives. Is that good?

To Compare, in 36 fewer games (over 2 full seasons), Andrew Luck (53-33, 62%) had 16 4th quarter, comeback wins and 20 game winning drives. 

•  19% of Luck's wins were 4th quarter comeback wins. 
  • 12% of Cam's wins were 4th quarter comebacks.
  • 23% of Indy's wins when Luck Started were the result of game winning drives.
  • 14% of Cam's wins were the result of game-winning drives.

That is a bit of a difference.  Lotta variables, but I thought it was interesting. 

Sources: Wikepedia and Pro Football Reference

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Half of this fan base never even heard his name before we interviewed him.  The same people have never read anything on him.  Half of this fan base have never watched a single half of Baylor football.

Half of this fan base wouldve been mad with McDaniels 

Half of this Fan Base would've been mad with the Chiefs OC

Half of the fan base would've been mad with the Vikings OC while half of the Vikings fan base wanted us to take him from them

One day maybe we can be half as smart as you.  Doubt it though.  Your pretty special huh.

Just now, Shocker said:

One day maybe we can be half as smart as you.  Doubt it though.  Your pretty special huh.

Not saying im right either

But when everyone who knows the game and NFL, writes about it etc.

And they all are glowing about something.  Im not going to go around claiming to know more or better than the people who know more than me and get paid to do it.

24 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Because  he had won 4 games in a row? We were cautiously optimistic to ready to give him a $200m deal. The media fed it too.   That got me curious....

Lol and that right there is why I don’t listen to anyone who overreacts in the huddle!

Who in the hell wanted to give Kyle Allen a $200 million dollar contract hahaha especially after four games?

Archived