• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Cam Newton now (he says reluctantly)

Mol3m4n

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I love CMC but he netted us exactly zero wins in the second half of the past two seasons when our QB play fell apart. He is not good enough to win us games alone, as we have seen. 

We have a LOT of offseason left, so it is way too early to say we are a lock for a top 3 pick. I do think we may start trending in that direction, though. 

You got me there about cmc, I’m just not a fan of blowing things up just fir the hell of it, that’s not what the organization need imo and even with the lack of recent success I think tepper has had the organization trending up every year.

i don’t see a plan for success by selling all your valuable assets for unproven commodities, but I’m also not a billionaire because of it like tepper so there’s that 

45 minutes ago, saX man said:

You'd have to think Denver, SD, Chicago, and a few other teams would be willing to fork over a lot.  It's the reality of the situation.  Cam wants to win now if he's healthy.  This team is officially blown up so I see something happening.

I agree. That fact that Luke is retiring early and it is looking more and more like we are going into a big rebuild could determine if Cam will be with us in 2020.

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You got me there about cmc, I’m just not a fan of blowing things up just fir the hell of it, that’s not what the organization need imo and even with the lack of recent success I think tepper has had the organization trending up every year.

i don’t see a plan for success by selling all your valuable assets for unproven commodities, but I’m also not a billionaire because of it like tepper so there’s that 

That's why I keep saying that we can't really afford to sign CMC to a second contract if we plan on being a winning franchise but that was also before I saw what looks like a complete rebuild. If we are planning to be terrible for a while, extending CMC makes more sense because we won't really have much in terms of assets and we will need to use cap somehow. And, I in no way mean that as shade towards CMC, it's just that the recent history in the NFL of having top 5 running back salaries on your team does not have a winning track record. 

I was all on board the Tepper bandwagon but I am not kind of getting the impression that he is likely to send us into the shitter for a long, long time. Given how bad we are likely to be, it could net us some damn good draft picks but we also still have Marty Hurney running the show(hopefully temporarily). The future is about as bleak as I can remember as a Panthers fan. Moreso even than after the 1-15 season, IMO. 

I hope that is the just the emotion of the moment and not the way I feel in a couple of months. 

36 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I hope I am wrong but I suspect Cam has limited (relative to fan expectations) trade value. He has not been healthy for the better part of at least two years. I actually think his deep ball was gone for the full 2018 season. It was not until midseason of that year that teams caught on to that fact. 

And it never came back for 2019 despite the hype we heard after one or two deep completions in camp. He has been shot putting a heavy ball the entire time. 

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's why I keep saying that we can't really afford to sign CMC to a second contract if we plan on being a winning franchise but that was also before I saw what looks like a complete rebuild. If we are planning to be terrible for a while, extending CMC makes more sense because we won't really have much in terms of assets and we will need to use cap somehow. And, I in no way mean that as shade towards CMC, it's just that the recent history in the NFL of having top 5 running back salaries on your team does not have a winning track record. 

I was all on board the Tepper bandwagon but I am not kind of getting the impression that he is likely to send us into the shitter for a long, long time. Given how bad we are likely to be, it could net us some damn good draft picks but we also still have Marty Hurney running the show(hopefully temporarily). The future is about as bleak as I can remember as a Panthers fan. Moreso even than after the 1-15 season, IMO. 

I hope that is the just the emotion of the moment and not the way I feel in a couple of months. 

Yeah still murky on what the plan is, still all for tepper but if this was more so about getting his guy ect I’m not so sure I’m on board, I’m not on board for a full rebuild either, hasn’t proven to produce a consistent winner, just sells hope to fans while the franchise spirals downward for years.

we’ll see hopefully someone higher up feels similar to how I do 

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mentioned this before but It all kind of points to a Herschel walker type situation with CMC. It would take major cajones but I bet there are teams that would pay up big time with picks for CMC. 

Archived