• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams that could trade for Cam

AU-panther

If i am an NFL owner/GM/HC do i want to trade for or give very much  for a QB that was once great but is now on the wrong side of 30,injury prone, taken thousands of hits over his football career and lost his last eight starts? Probably not.

If a trade occurred it would be to an AFC team not on our schedule next season, as I can't see an inter-conference to a competing NFC team. 

And we play the AFC West where OAK / LAC are located -- https://www.panthers.com/news/carolina-panthers-2020-opponents

*Usually when a player goes to a team on their former teams schedule it's as a free agent, not as apart of a trade*

And this isn't like PHI trading an old, and washed McNabb to WAS years back. 

I would be extremely surprised if a trade was executed. 

I think a team that might want to trade for him is the Carolina Panthers. They have that new innovative OC who works around his players strengths. Hell who has been more versatile than Cam? Seems like a great fit. Their QB situation right now sucks with Allen and Grier. Also they have no shot at Burrow or Tua. Everyone after would be a huge reach with their seventh overall pick. Hell they may be desperate enough to give up their high second and third rounder.

Oh wait:crying:

17 hours ago, NYPantherFan said:

Raiders make the most sense in my opinion. They have the draft capital and have been reports they may look to move on from Carr.

Gruden used to gush about Cam all the time. And the reports are they want to move on from Carr because of low pocket mobility.

They have two first round picks, just drafted 3 last year, and Gruden has the most job security and time table for anyone not named Rhule. Even if Cam fails, they can easily just move on next season. 

Cam for 19 straight up seems like a fair deal. Raiders also did something similar for Carson Palmer back in 2011.

14 hours ago, KDawg004 said:

In that they’re both mobile QBs who can pick up yardage with their feet if need be.

With everyone bringing up the Raiders as a potential landing spot for Cam, would you swap him with Derek Carr? He’s signed for $21M, $22M, & $19M for the next 3 years.

JB is not a mobile QB. Stop it casual. 

Archived