• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC's Potential New Contract - Discussion

Ship

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

How are we losing cmac? Good lord people breathe

Not saying we are. I think we're dumb if we do. Just playing devil's advocate and singing CMC's praises for being so versatile. To lose him would hurt, but not be the death of the team.

His contracts going to be ridiculous.  

6 years 102m with incentives to make it 110m total.  35m fully guaranteed,  with another 20m in other guarantees. Total money, guaranteed money, yearly average will definitely be over Elliott's 90m, 50m guaranteed,  28m fully guaranteed and 15m average. Could even come close to Thomas deal in NO, 20m per season. 

Just brace yourself cause this ones gonna be nuts. 

I’d like to know if he is open to converting fully to receiver.  This seems like it could make sense for both parties. Receivers get paid more, have longer careers on average, and suffer less wear and tear. We could still run him out of backfield say a handful of times per game, creating all kinds of matchup problems for opponents and unorthodox gadget play options for us.

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

His contracts going to be ridiculous.  

6 years 102m with incentives to make it 110m total.  35m fully guaranteed,  with another 20m in other guarantees. Total money, guaranteed money, yearly average will definitely be over Elliott's 90m, 50m guaranteed,  28m fully guaranteed and 15m average. 

On a rebuilding 5 win team

I don't think he takes anymore wear and tear than Steve Smith did and look how long his career was. Especially now that we dont have Ron, Shula, or the Turners around anymore he may not be used every single play. I think Brady and Rhule will be much more wise in how they use him

To the people talking about converting McCaffrey full time to receiver, you might wanna go back and listen to the comments Rhule and Brady have made about flexibility in their attack. Pigeonholing McCaffrey into old fashioned ideas of defined position roles doesn't really match up with that.

Heck, I'd say having a guy you can just line up anywhere is probably exactly what our offensive coaches would want.

If we extend him, this pretty much spells the end of the Cam Newton era in Carolina in my opinion. You don't win games with a high price RB AND a high priced QB. We extend CMC, we most likely ship Cam out and roll with a cheap QB this year or draft his replacement. Either way keeps a low cap hit at the position with the highest salary and provides said young cheap QB with a great weapon to utilize for years to come. 

It becomes resource allocation at that point. 

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

It's simple. You do it. The day he no longer can be effective as a traditional RB, you use him as a slot/scat back and he's still deadly. Basically, he'll earn his money no matter what.

Never thought of it that way, but that makes perfect sense.

Archived