• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Peter King podcast

Cary Kollins

Really good stuff here.

on Cam: Rhule has watched tape of every game back to 2015. Said 2018 Cam was playing great until the injury, completing 67% of passes. If you look at the position, guys play QB at a high level well beyond 29-30. Cam has always been in a very aggressive offense where he pushes the ball down the field, he sits in the pocket, and our system will be a little more rhythm, get the ball out of his hands and I think he has a chance to be a really special player, just gotta get healthy, because when your foot, shoulder is hurt it affects everything. Good thing about foot injury is his shoulder has had additional time to heal. I think Cam has a tremendous sense of legacy but he doesn’t want his past to the best part of his career, and I always think there is something really special about guys who want to have a sense of legacy. It’s not about I want a new contract, I want this or that, it’s I want to be remembered as one of the greats. And when I see Cam flying in every Monday for treatment and rehab I say to myself “that’s a guy who is serious about football” and if he’s healthy, that allows us to use those picks and resources to build up the other positions on the team.

Gotta feel pretty good about Cam and Rhule after hearing this.

21 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Really good stuff here.

on Cam: Rhule has watched tape of every game back to 2015. Said 2018 Cam was playing great until the injury, completing 67% of passes. If you look at the position, guys play QB at a high level well beyond 29-30. Cam has always been in a very aggressive offense where he pushes the ball down the field, he sits in the pocket, and our system will be a little more rhythm, get the ball out of his hands and I think he has a chance to be a really special player, just gotta get healthy, because when your foot, shoulder is hurt it affects you everything. Good thing about foot injury is his shoulder has had additional time to heal. I think Cam has a tremendous sense of legacy but he doesn’t want his past to the best part of his career, and I always think there is something really special about guys who want to have a sense of legacy. It’s not about I want a new contract, I want this or that, it’s I want to be remembered as one of the greats. And when I see Cam flying in every Monday for treatment and rehab I say to myself “that’s a guy who is serious about football” and if he’s healthy, that allows us to use those picks and resources to build up the other positions on the team.

Gotta feel pretty good about Cam and Rhule after hearing this.

Thanks for posting OP.  I want to believe, but until Cam is Spartanburg in July, I really feel like everything is up on the air.

Interviews like this and moves like getting Okung make me think Rhule and the organization don't believe a multi-year rebuild is necessary, but I truly don't know.

For 2020 he said he wants the defense to play with passion and extreme effort (he obviously saw some lazy play last year) and be exact on offense. Basically, No more long developing plays. No more lazy receivers. Said Joe will have a big problem with lazy inexact play.

i remember us all saying, "let cam run no huddle. up-tempo is where he shines." sure sounds like brady/rhule agree. those long developing plays with no blocking darn near killed cam. now, let's see what cam can do with a coaching staff that...dare i say...plays to the strengths of the players and makes adjustments.

42 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Might be a good idea to pin this thread and use it as a point of reference for the usual suspects that want to derail every Panthers thread into a "Cam will be traded" discussion.

During the season, the word was 100% Cam is gone by those suspects with Igo leading the charge.  It was according to "inside sources and people in the building".  I was the bad guy because I said that he doesn't have that type of access to the team anymore and didn't know what he was talking about.  We agreed to revisit.  So, we will see 100% in the fall.  I'm not trying to disrespect or discredit as Mr. Scot said I was, but in 2015 Igo was in the locker room.  There was an almost weekly podcast, and crazy amounts of pictures from close access.  Now there is almost nothing and that is because Tepper tightened all that up to where there isn't much access.  l just bring it up since that is the angle that is played once posters shut down their arguments.  

Archived