• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, stirs said:

The vote is the one big equalizer in America, yet people do not take it seriously and just leave all their thinking for someone else.  All the "someone elses" are happy to manipulate and promise them the world and America will just go along with whatever bell rings the clearest for them

Voting rights have been eroded over time and one party is quite open about how they do not want to see increases in voting. That is mind blowing. Just look at how badly our voting is handled compared to most of the first world. But it isn't accidental. The power structure constantly struggle not to get more people to vote but to manipulate voting to get their desired outcome. It is completely ridiculous.

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

The “outside agitators” phrase from the media has been used during different unrest/uprising events throughout US history to downplay the anger of oppressed people/supporters. I don’t think “the bulk” were people trying to take advantage of the situation. There definitely were some. But that phrase is used to divert attention. People were pissed the fug off and exhausted all options. In Minneapolis specifically,  they blew up a fuging police precinct, burned down half a city and looted corporate buildings, targeting very specific things. I know this is a separate discussion but I agree with some of your takes. Not all but some.

cnn is bullshit and that was one of the most badass things I’ve seen in my life. 

Yeah, I will freely admit that I was happy to see CNN get smashed up. They deserve a fuging wake up call. Killer Mike was 100% right to say what he did about that incident.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I will freely admit that I was happy to see CNN get smashed up. They deserve a fuging wake up call. Killer Mike was 100% right to say what he did about that incident.

They love that kind of stuff though.  Its another thing to cover and they love playing the victim card.  They couldn't contain their grins from the good fortune of having one of their reporters arrested live on air.

I think the media has done a good enough job of undermining themselves

So dang true.

I even hear people say things like, "Well, I watch Fox and MSNBC and that way I have a counterpoint." The problem with that is constantly consuming blatant, naked propaganda is that even little bits of that will slip through and their sensationalism will still have subtle impacts. If nothing else, it is stressful to watch/listen to that trash. People need to disengage more and stop consuming from these bad actors. They hurt society and there is no benefit to feeding those machines.

I do the CNN/Fox thing.  But I also spend a ton of time online researching the facts/details and forming my own opinion on things.  But you are right, it can get really stressful sometimes and you really need to disengage for a little bit to gain some perspective.  If you stay engaged too long you start to buy in to the hype on the TV instead of looking at your actual life around you, which are two different things.  My favorites are the morning shows.  Those lead into the heavier news portion of the day and then I typically don't watch at night anymore because its too much propaganda and bluster.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

They love that kind of stuff though.  Its another thing to cover and they love playing the victim card.  They couldn't contain their grins from the good fortune of having one of their reporters arrested live on air.

So dang true.

I do the CNN/Fox thing.  But I also spend a ton of time online researching the facts/details and forming my own opinion on things.  But you are right, it can get really stressful sometimes and you really need to disengage for a little bit to gain some perspective.  If you stay engaged too long you start to buy in to the hype on the TV instead of looking at your actual life around you, which are two different things.  My favorites are the morning shows.  Those lead into the heavier news portion of the day and then I typically don't watch at night anymore because its too much propaganda and bluster.

I would just swear off Fox and CNN. There is no reason to even give them the time of day. Trust me, you won't be any less informed(more like better informed) and their drivel won't accidentally creep into your head. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would just swear off Fox and CNN. There is no reason to even give them the time of day. Trust me, you won't be any less informed(more like better informed) and their drivel won't accidentally creep into your head. 

I don’t watch cable news anymore, but I still glance at their websites too much.

The nbcnews.com site (msnbc) drives me nuts. It’s like reading a college newspaper sometimes. 

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I don’t watch cable news anymore, but I still glance at their websites too much.

The nbcnews.com site (msnbc) drives me nuts. It’s like reading a college newspaper sometimes. 

I feel like I have a good grasp on what's real and what's not when I'm watching the news shows on TV.  I have a hard time doing that on CNN.com or Fox.com so I avoid them.  If I'm reading print media/websites I go to other sources.

52 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Are these Hospital Numbers just COVID patients, or just in General. It makes a big difference. 

52 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Are these Hospital Numbers just COVID patients, or just in General. It makes a big difference. 

I asked that a week ago and they gave me the big eye roll

55 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Depends on which number.  

They generally put out a COVID number. 1404 in SC. That means 1404 people are hospitalized with COVID. 

Then they often talk about % of beds occupied all over the state.  That number generally includes everything when discussed. Anyone in a bed.   SC is currently hovering around 75% of beds being full.   Your hospital could be at 95% or it could be at 60%.  They (SC does at least) also list the % full by county so if you just have one hospital in your county  you would know exactly where your hospital stands.  Some are  being forced to go back to shutting down elective procedures again. 

• Pie 1