• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston stays a Panther

ncfan

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

Hell no. But this is one I am happy about because he played solid last year, we got him for a decent price, it’s one less position we have to worry about. Like I said before, now I can just have nightmares about  filling the two corner spots, DT, DE, and WLB positions.

Okay I feel you. I just don't think its a good long-term move. The way they structured it looks like we can cut him after one year, which I would be fine with keeping him for a year. The way we structured it looks good.

9 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Speaking of Tre Boston, Ross Cockrell tackles better, takes better angles and is cheaper. He should have been our priority resigning out of all of our free agents.

Cockrell is most likely coming back

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Okay I feel you. I just don't think its a good long-term move. The way they structured it looks like we can cut him after one year, which I would be fine with keeping him for a year. The way we structured it looks good.

I definitely agree. If he sucks we can easily move on, and if he plays well, and in my opinion solid like last season, we get a very good value year 2 and 3.

12 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Speaking of Tre Boston, Ross Cockrell tackles better, takes better angles and is cheaper. He should have been our priority resigning out of all of our free agents.

I would love to see Ross back with us. He played very well in a limited role last season. If we pick him up, Jackson goes back to being Action, and Jeff Okudah falls to us...that would be a solid secondary. 

26 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You're making poo up at this point

He isn’t, Bell is far more consistent than Williams. Williams, while he has excellent range and flashes some really good ballhawking ability on occasion, still takes some absolutely horrible angles and likes to whiff on shoulder tackles (not even just the Minneapolis Fluke). 

Here’s a play from Week 1 last year where he does both on the same play against the Texans on a Deshaun Watson rushing TD.

OH NO BBY, WHAT IS YOU DOIN’, MARCUS?!?!

Archived