• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Panther was the GOAT?

Hotsauce

Who was the greatest Panther of all time?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which Panther was the GOAT?

Luke in a walkover.

I'd go with Smitty next. 

Peppers was obviously a badass but a lot of his prime years were spent elsewhere.

Drops off real fast from there...

Luke..1st Team All-Pro (5)...Pro Bowl (7)

Julius...1st Team All-Pro (3)...Pro Bowl (9)

Smitty...1st Team All-Pro (2)...Pro Bowl (5)

Jenkins...1st Team All-Pro (2)...Pro Bowl (3)

Tolbert...1st Team All-Pro (2)...Pro Bowl (3)

Bates...1st Team All-Pro (1)...Pro Bowl (5)

Davis...1st Team All-Pro (1)...Pro Bowl (3)

Gross...1st Team All-Pro (1)...Pro Bowl (3)

Newton...1st Team All-Pro (1)...Pro Bowl (3)

Beason...1st Team All-Pro (1)...Pro Bowl (3)

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Sam Mills and Thomas Davis > Cam. End of story. 

I mean it’s not like people don’t yell “keep pounding” in the stadium or anything. 

not one person on these forums values your opinion 

Has to be Luke. Smitty was great, but noone in his time considered him the greatest WR in the game. Same for Cam, while great noone during his era considered him the greatest QB in the game. However in the case of Luke, pretty much EVERYONE agrees he was the greatest. 

5 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Dude ... Cam isn't even a top 20 QBs of all time. Smitty is a top 20 WR of all time.

Smith may be top 20 all time WR. but he's at the bottom few. There is literally nothing Smith has done that hadn't been done better before or since. If you replace Bruce or Holt at the Rams with Smith, The Greatest Show on Turf isn't as good a team.

Newton might not be a top 20 qb of all time (What you're really talking about is passing. But I'll let it slide atm). But he's knocking on the door and has strengths that whoever you think are the best few qbs don't have. Newton is also the best rushing qb of all time, even though that's a small field.

Kurt Warner is a better qb than Newton, and way better passer. But with what Newton brings to the table. He could make TGSoF a better team.

19 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I hate to say this, but I think the Broncos did scheme him.  Of course, they had the advantage of knowing our OC's adjustments to what they were doing would be to double-down and do more of the same, hoping for different results.  <Sigh>

scheme in the sense that they knew Shula was too much of a moron to help out Remmers with a blocking HB so they kept blitzing. and the broncos said our offense was everything they saw on film, which is the fault of the OC and HC.

18 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

scheme in the sense that they knew Shula was too much of a moron to help out Remmers with a blocking HB so they kept blitzing. and the broncos said our offense was everything they saw on film, which is the fault of the OC and HC.

Hate to open old wounds, but it was nothing that some blocking help or an occasional screen or swing pass to the blitzing side might have given them a pause.  But such things were well beyond our OC and HC.  Their limits were to line our 11 up against their 11 and see what happens.

18 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Dude ... Cam isn't even a top 20 QBs of all time. Smitty is a top 20 WR of all time.

NFL career/season records held by Steve Smith: 0

NFL career/season records held by Cam Newton: 12

Archived