• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Conference Call

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I dont know how anyone can hate Marty and not David Tepper. Tepper has one hand up Marty's ass and the other up Rhule's ass. If you think Rhule was hired and Marty retained were to be anything more than "Yes men" you're fooling yourselves.

Because at this point we dont know if Teppers overall plan is going to work or not.  Pretty simple actually.  We know how marty rolls

5 minutes ago, OnlyOne said:

So with all teams doing totally virtual drafts, have the Patriots finalized their hacking team yet, or is there still time to get on the payroll?

This is one of those things that makes you go "ha ha ha h...wait a minute" :thinking:

51 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wrong about what?

when marty hurney’s career was seemingly brought back from the dead by jerry richardson and he was restored to his previous capacity as a general manager, a lot of ppl supported the decision, and surprisingly, even ppl who were around during the late 2000s and early 2010s to watch marty completely mismanage the drafts and salary cap supported it. the premise was that he was great at talent relations, which made it a good move.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think too many people would dispute that Marty is a Yes Man, but I don't feel like I know enough about Rhule yet to say anything for certain.

That said, for quite a while there, Rhule dutifully spoke about how he couldn't wait to coach Newton.

The team would probably like for you to believe that no decision was made at the time those statements were being put out there.

I don't buy that story one bit.

What if Hurney and Tepper kept him out of the loop to such an extent that he had no idea they were trying to trade Newton, hence his comments about being excited to work with him?

That strikes me as far more likely of a scenario than Rhule being in on it.

I think Tepper blindsided him.

1 hour ago, Bama Panther said:

I’ve seen you say this a lot. Is there a source for this, or are you just inferring it base upon the fact that no one picked Little before the Panthers?

There’s literally never a source for anything he says, he’s just used to no one challenging him on anything. Just like his talking point about how we would’ve taken Little at 16 if Burns wasn’t there...don’t ask him to provide any sources for that or anything.

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

Even if Okung is better for a year he's old.... how does this help the youth movement/rebuild????

It gives your 2nd round and 6th round LT's a veteran to learn from and compete with for a year.. Hopefully helping them get up to speed better then throwing them to the wolves and getting a Qb killed in the process...

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think too many people would dispute that Marty is a Yes Man, but I don't feel like I know enough about Rhule yet to say anything for certain.

That said, for quite a while there, Rhule dutifully spoke about how he couldn't wait to coach Newton.

The team would probably like for you to believe that no decision was made at the time those statements were being put out there.

I don't buy that story one bit.

That's exactly my point. If Rhule wasn't a "Yes man" Cam would still be here, right? I mean what coach doesn't have any say so in who his Quarterback is going to be?

None of this makes any sense and it's clear they are all lieing to try and save face. Tepper is 100% the meddlesome owner this franchise did not need.

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

There’s literally never a source for anything he says, he’s just used to no one challenging him on anything. Just like his talking point about how we would’ve taken Little at 16 if Burns wasn’t there...don’t ask him to provide any sources for that or anything.

Not to defend @Mr. Scot but I saw that same rumor posted somewhere else.  I can't remember where at the moment and do not care enough to find it for you.  Just sayin

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Lol, we did? Did you know that Worley has been starting for the Raiders for the past year and a half and has been ranked higher than Donte? Smith never even signed with another team after we paid him $350,000 for each of his 17 receptions.

He also was suspended for some off the field issues dealing with police... Did you want that situation again on the team??

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

May I remind you that Worley was arrested and then released by the Eagles a few weeks after the trade. 

And? Worley was picked up 8 days later and started a year and a half for the Raiders. Starting CB > WR4 and the Raiders paid $2.5M less. Eagles released him too quickly so that’s on them. That said they were cutting Smith and were able to get us to bite and give them something for nothing. Similar to LAC, who I think would have released Okung anyway due the tackle depth this year.

9 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Actually, I did. In fact, the same source that said Newton was going to be let go when people who didn't want to believe it kept saying he had no inside info.

Archived