• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamal Adams, for a 1st and 18-20 million a year, who says yes?

AU-panther

We need to be more realistic in these threads.

People need to realize you don't trade for a player, you trade for their contract.  Basically whoever trades for Adams is going to be trading for the chance to pay him 18-20 million a year.  Also I think he gets a first when its all said it done.  Under that criteria how many people say yet?

Personally I think he is one of the better defensive players in the league, and for some teams I wouldn't be opposed to giving up a first, I just don't think that is where we are at currently. 

15 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

We need to be more realistic in these threads.

People need to realize you don't trade for a player, you trade for their contract.  Basically whoever trades for Adams is going to be trading for the chance to pay him 18-20 million a year.  Also I think he gets a first when its all said it done.  Under that criteria how many people say yet?

Personally I think he is one of the better defensive players in the league, and for some teams I wouldn't be opposed to giving up a first, I just don't think that is where we are at currently. 

I mean...do you want us to end up in permanent franchise purgatory?

The original thread was made with no regard for the supposed teams Adams said he wanted to play for (not us), and the thought that the cap very well may go down next year.  The latter, could lead to some kind of purge of talent from all over the league to get under the cap.  The next couple of months could force teams to rethink A LOT about the next few years, and trading draft capital AND big money for a guy who may not re-sign here? When there's still a chance this season doesn't happen? Dumb. 

Really needed another thread for this? Could have just responded in the other one how you feel.  But I guess that wouldn't give you enough attention.  As others have said, trading picks right now would be foolish

33 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Really needed another thread for this? Could have just responded in the other one how you feel.  But I guess that wouldn't give you enough attention.  As others have said, trading picks right now would be foolish

you do know you don't have to read it

Adams is the only one who says yes. He gets paid more than top CBs as a safety, I’m sure he’d take that from any team in the league in a heartbeat.

Panthers aren’t trading their 1st unless it’s for a superstar under team control for several years at a position of high importance (and those guys get way more than a 1st).

Jets would want more—at least a 1st and 2nd, probably two 1sts.

Archived