• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Weeks Opponent - Chargers

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

against whom? only teams i see us winning against are the lions and the broncos.

Exactly, that’s all I’m seeing too. Maybe Washington and the bears but I doubt it. 2 wins is the most likely outcome.

1 hour ago, Yaboychris28 said:

This franchise is a dumpster fire. Add in the fact that we now have a far left extremist liberal owner who will eventually run this franchise into the ground. Even  if we do end up winning the Lawrence lottery, we’ll ruin him just like we ruined Cam

Must everyone declare their political affiliation in every statement? Left extremist, wow? There is a reason my parents told me not to discuss politics at the dinner table, jeez.

1 hour ago, Baskinridge said:

Yet we still get people defending Hurney despite pooping out losing season after losing season lol :crying:

If I were a mod I'd honestly pass a rule here that says anyone defending Hurney gets permabanned. 14 fuging years of pure mediocrity. What more do you people need to see?

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Remember that time basically everyone on the Huddle said to keep the cheap, young kicker WE DRAFTED and not Gano? 

GTFO, Marty. 

I remember it, and it was Dave Gettleman that drafted Harrison Butker and tried to stash him on the PS. Chiefs took him from our PS, so it was not Hurney.

1 hour ago, philit99 said:

I remember it, and it was Dave Gettleman that drafted Harrison Butker and tried to stash him on the PS. Chiefs took him from our PS, so it was not Hurney.

Ehhhh I might have some dates wrong, but GMan was fired in July 2017. Butker was put on the practice squad in September 2017.  GMan drafted Butker.  Hurney finished putting the roster together. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Jalen Coker? Played at Holy Cross? Is there another Jalen Coker? I'm not going to waste any more time on an UDFA, but the very first scouting report I went to confirms  what I saw on tape: Must prove he can get off the line against NFL size and strength. Monotonous route speed is unlikely to tilt pro coverage. Displays small gear-down when stemming the route. Needs to clean up the wasted motion getting into his breaks. It's not his biggest strength, it's literally his biggest weakness. 
    • Per NFL Website Jalen Coker Bio 2020-21: Tied for the team lead with 72 receiving yards (4 receptions, 18.0 per, TD). Played in 3 games with 2 starts in the team's spring season. School did not play in the fall due to COVID-19 concerns. 2021: Second-team All-Patriot League. Led the team with 51 receptions, 691 receiving yards (13.5 per, 4 TDs). Started all 13 games. 2022: First-team All-Patriot League. Led the team with 50 receptions, 912 receiving yards (18.2 per), 11 TDs. Played in 12 games with 11 starts.  2023: First-team Associated Press FCS All-American. First-team All-Patriot League. Finalist for the Walter Payton Award (top player in the FCS). Led the FCS with 15 receiving TDs (59 receptions for 1,040 yards, 17.6 per). Started all 11 games (2-3-1.5 rushing; 11-47-4.3 PR). Set school record with 31 career receiving TDs, 2,715 receiving yards Overview The evaluation for Coker boils down to balancing his pro-caliber size and ball skills against his level of competition and potential lack of NFL quickness and speed. His focus, ball-tracking and timing give him distinct advantages that other receivers lack, and his catch radius and hand strength helped him make mincemeat of Ivy League coverages near the goal line. Coker's deep speed appears to be average, so he will need to refine his route running to become better equipped to beat NFL defenders in space and open up workable windows for his quarterback. Coker is talented and productive, but the testing numbers will be huge for his draft slotting and chances in the league. Strengths Instinctive hand fighting in his release and at top of the route. Possesses robust ball skills across the board to win downfield. Fade monster with size, adjustments and sticky hands to dominate. Works back to the throw and is keenly aware of the sticks. Leverage and footwork for crisp cut-and-flatten on routes underneath. Weaknesses Must prove he can get off the line against NFL size and strength. Monotonous route speed is unlikely to tilt pro coverage. Displays small gear-down when stemming the route. Needs to clean up the wasted motion getting into his breaks. Below-average quickness with his run after catch.
    • Has Smitty said anything since we signed him?