• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting some major love this morning

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

David Carr hasn't played since 2012 but Derrick is having a good  season. What about the stats is lying?

I always do that w/ the Carr brothers for some reason. 

His stats in 2020 imply he is a better QB than he actually is.  Derek Carr is NOT a top tier QB.  You could cherry pick his stats and make that argument though.  Which is the lie. 

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

What's he even coming back from?  I know the knee injury is a sad story, but that was years ago.  Ain't like the dude's been out of the league.  He started and did reasonably well for the Saints last year.

I think the criteria is coming back from any adversity the prior year. So in general he wouldnt qualify if that is a strict criteria.

22 minutes ago, Mage said:

How did you end up correcting him and still butcher the man's name lol?  (Derek)

Because I spelled it off the top of my head in the way the name is most commonly spelled. 

Derrick Brown, Derrick Henry, Derrick Rose, Derrick Coleman....

55 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

Idk about that. I really like what I have seen but "Teddys pace" a quarter into the season would be a 8-8 record, 16 tds and 12 Ints. He will need to improve a little more to get that award. But he HAS improved each week IMO.

OK---but the first four games (new system, players, etc) are not likely to mirror the next 12.  You have to account for growth that is critically important for a QB and the offense.  Many of his misses are a result of communications between WR and QB---when they get to know one another, they will improve. 

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

"There isn't a person in the NFL that will say a foul or ill word about Teddy Bridgewater"

except our very own fans

well said.  the problem with the modern internet NFL fan is they tend to make these declarations on a team or player based completely off of nothing but what they pull out of their ass and hand-picked stats without any first hand knowledge and the consistent ignoring of coaches and other people who actually WOULD know, and then they dig their heels in with their arms folded no matter what happens, defiantly opposed to the idea that their initial assessment could've possibly been wrong.  My concern is after a full offseason of bellyaching, there will still be stubborn Panthers who refuse to admit that Teddy is the guy, and is awesome AS the guy, and end up missing out on a lot of fun because of it.  While the Panther fans roll on, dancing around in a big conga line, there are these other Panther fans in the corner with their arms folded trying to calculate how many losses other teams need so we can draft Trevor Lawrence.

I can hear it now as the Panthers win a Super Bowl one day with a game-winning TD pass from Teddy.  'Yeah but that WR was WIDE OPEN, anyone could've done that..."

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

He’s behind those 3 in literally every stat except completion percentage. To even be in an argument to be better those guys he needs to be beating them in more than one stat especially since he isn’t even beating them by much in that stat.

Derek Carr has very similar stats to Teddy except he has 8 TDs and 0 INTs. No one is talking about Derek Carr as a top 5 QB and rightfully so.

He trails Mahomes and Rodgers by 9 and 12 yards per game respectively. It's mot like that is significant. That's what "hanging with" means. Bridgewater was predicted to be at the bottom half of the league that's whey this conversation is relevant. 

It’s true that many members of this board exclusively use or exclude statistics to strengthen their narrative.

I think being 2-2 in spite of missing Christian McCaffrey and having one of the NFL’s youngest defenses, a rookie HC with 1 year of NFL experience and a rookie OC with 2 years of NFL experience plus a veteran DC who’s never been an NFL DC sort of shows how well Teddy has risen to the challenge. If you can blame the quarterback for losses, you can praise him for wins. 

Archived