• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Reed

Jeremy Igo

I know we all look for the nasty, satisfying pancake blocks but sometimes all you really need is to slow the defender down for a split second or make him account for you by altering his angle.

I feel like 9 times out of 10 when I see a big o-lineman trying to block 10+ yards downfield, it looks awkward and they rarely make clean contact cause I don’t think those big boys are usually agile or shifty enough to be engaging with DBs and LBs in the open field.

An agile DB dodges a flying block by a guard. Yeah, that's kind of what is supposed to happen. The DB did have to slow down for a second, though, so you could conceivably call it a successful effort.

Here's the deal with Reed right now... how many times have you heard his name called? Gave up a sack? Snagged a holding penalty or a false start? How many of you actually knew the guy's name?

As guards go, he's been an upgrade here. And Miller has been good  on the right side. I'm liking what I'm seeing and the effort sure ain't bad.

Archived