• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey Update

Jeremy Igo

Once he is cleared to go, you drop him back into practices and first team reps. Davis has been playing lights out, but this is CMC we're talking about.  I don't think he's the kind of player to rush back before he's healed and he's definitely not the kind of player to sit on IR longer than is absolutely necessary.

I'm more concerned about getting some of our injured defensive guys back this week than CMC.

That is an endorsement of Mike Davis and how the offense has performed overall.

We are getting extremely thin at DT, CB, and potentially DE.  And we better hope Shaq stays healthy.

I don't doubt CMC's talent, however did we over pay for a RB? We are winning football games with Mike Davis, I have no doubt that CMC would have made more of an impact in the previous 3 games, however I don't see the value in his contract. Could the money tied up in CMC's contract be better utilized on defense? Hurney has a habit of overpaying. I worry that CMC's situation will turn out to be like Todd Gurley, Rams are 4-1 without him. Steelers winning without Leveon Bell, Zeke is top 5 RB and his team is 2-3. RB just don't make that much of an impact as they used to. 

6 hours ago, BrianS said:

It would make sense, if he's close, to pull him off IR just to make the Bears prep for him even if there is no chance he'll play.

I don't think it would really make any difference, we're using Davis in almost the same way that we use CMC, might send CMC on a few more pass routes, but besides that, CMC is just the better player but used similarly.

The difference is when CMC is on the field, because he draws more attention, but in terms of game plan prep, I don't think there is much of a difference for opposing teams with how Davis has been playing and being used.

4 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I don't doubt CMC's talent, however did we over pay for a RB? We are winning football games with Mike Davis, I have no doubt that CMC would have made more of an impact in the previous 3 games, however I don't see the value in his contract. Could the money tied up in CMC's contract be better utilized on defense? Hurney has a habit of overpaying. I worry that CMC's situation will turn out to be like Todd Gurley, Rams are 4-1 without him. Steelers winning without Leveon Bell, Zeke is top 5 RB and his team is 2-3. RB just don't make that much of an impact as they used to. 

CMC's more valuable than a RB because he's a real good WR too.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:36 PM, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Give this man a chicken dinner

I read once a player comes off the three week IR they have 21 days to determine if the player will be activated on the roster or permanently put them back on IR for the remainder of the season. McCaffrey will end IR this week & will still have the 21 day window. I don’t think he comes back for another two weeks. He has to be healthy before coming back from a high ankle sprain. They tend to be worse than a fracture because of the damaged tendons & ligaments. 

Archived