• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Outside of a QB who do you have and why?

DaveThePanther2008

Going to be really hard to evaluate talent based on the weird season (or lack of season for some) that 2020 has given us. Something tells me the number of busts in the first round of the draft will be way out of proportion this time around.

I'm not sure that I wouldn't prefer going to one of the less flashy positions with a first round pick. OL, MLB, S, TE. (And TE only if there is something impressive coming out of basketball (if there's a season there)).

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

OL or DB. Really depends on where we draft. 

I REALLY wish we would have kept Bradberry over Shaq last offseason. Dude is playing fantastic. 

This was such a swing and miss on our part. Bradberry regularly locked up guys we will play against for the next 6-8 years. 

31 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Everyone wants a QB and rightly so but our chances of getting one of the top tier QB is slim.   If we can't get a QB?

What is your top pick and why.

I'm not a one to follow college players too much so I really wouldn't be able to give a clear choice.

Who do you want?

I don't think it's slim. We're currently sitting at 3 wins and there are 3 maybe 4 QBs considered top tier in this draft. Jags and Jets prob going QB and ahead of us. Dallas or Giants (one of the two, but not both) will prob be ahead of us. I think whoever it is takes Sewell. Then the Bengals and Chargers will be ahead of us and won't take QBs. I think we get to pick from Wilson or Lance, assuming nobody trades up. That being said if 3 of the top 4 are gone and we don't love the next QB in line, take hopefully Sewell if he's there

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

This was such a swing and miss on our part. Bradberry regularly locked up guys we will play against for the next 6-8 years. 

I was a big proponent for keeping Bradberry over Shaq. Most on here found him overrated but I’ll take consistency over the occasional flashy play with a giant splash of mediocrity. Looking at you “action” Jackson. 

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I was a big proponent for keeping Bradberry over Shaq. Most on here found him overrated but I’ll take consistency over the occasional flashy play with a giant splash of mediocrity. Looking at you “action” Jackson. 

Imagine having Bradberry, Douglas, Jackson and Elder as your top 4 corners? And we really wouldn't have had a big drop off at LB because they have stunk the whole time.

24 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

OL or DB. Really depends on where we draft. 

I REALLY wish we would have kept Bradberry over Shaq last offseason. Dude is playing fantastic. 

This. Constantly spending huge resources at LB and RB hasn't worked out well for us as a franchise, yet here we have many Panthers fans wanting to spend another high first round pick on a LB.

Archived