• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapport: Teddy likely won't start Sunday

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

FYI Stafford May also be our or ineffective due to throwing hand injury. PJ or Grier could win this game if that’s the case...

Grier was so bad last year, and with the lack of offseason, I’m not sure he’s gotten much better.  PJ may do well though with some actual practice time.  I’m kind of hoping he plays.  It’d be interesting for sure.  I have more faith in PJ than Grier right now 

1 minute ago, PandaMan said:

Grier was so bad last year, and with the lack of offseason, I’m not sure he’s gotten much better.  PJ may do well though with some actual practice time.  I’m kind of hoping he plays.  It’d be interesting for sure.  I have more faith in PJ than Grier right now 

Yep. PJ has looked terrible this season when he's gone in, but I'd like to see him after being able to actually prep as the starter. He'll likely still be terrible, but at least he'd get a decent chance to show what he could do.

No need to rush Teddy back. We're not marching to the playoffs, we're moving up the draft for the future. Also if his knee was swollen a few days ago then that doesn't just magically heal in a few days. We can bring Teddy back after the bye unless he heals quickly.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. PJ has looked terrible this season when he's gone in, but I'd like to see him after being able to actually prep as the starter. He'll likely still be terrible, but at least he'd get a decent chance to show what he could do.

The Lions defense blows, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a good game.  Like others just said though, if he plays well enough get ready for the MVPJ talk.  Can’t wait!  He’s more dynamic than Grier and can at least keep in interesting.  But with our third down defense I don’t expect many W’s the rest of the year.  I think we’ve forced like 2 or 3 punts over the last 3-4 games.  Just horrendous.  Give me that high draft pick please 

IMO it's a win win situation. I'm never for tanking until we get to this point where winning is just worsening your draft stock, let's not beat around the bush. I would prefer to see Will Grier play for these reasons.

1. We let Rhule see what Martey was seeing by drafting him in the 3rd round instead of getting a DB and expose him for the wack GM he is.

2. If he does great, awesome! We might have a future QB (even though I know that's very unlikely), what I could see him doing is if he plays well he could end up being very reasonable trade bait for a 3rd rounder from a team like the patriots, bears , lions , etc.

3. The situation he was put in last year for those 2 games was the worst a young QB could ask for. That whole team had already given up and we didn't even have our head coach we had started the year with. Life isn't fair as we all know, but I'd really like to see the kid get a decent chance to show what he has.

That's my rant, and hope you guys and gals have a great rest of your days!

Archived