• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little healthy scratch

ncfan

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Jenkins (his involvement here up for debate)

Spoon, Foster

Richard Marshall had moments

Sherrod Martin (he was in the league for six years)

Gross Matos is looking like a player. 

Keep in mind there's a lot of years the Panthers didn't have 2nd round picks in there due to the Jeff Otah fallout. 

Do you think Hurney was responsible for YGM or was it Rhule? Last years draft is about as anti-Hurney style as we've seen. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone on Twitter (4 Man Rush, I think) pointed out that all our second day draft selections from last year were inactive yesterday.

The only 2nd-4th rounders since Hurney has been back that were active yesterday were Chinn, Gross Matos, Pride, Ian Thomas.

4 out 9 picks. 

3 of those  4 were from this draft.

45 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Spoon, Foster

Gross Matos is looking like a player, obviously Chinn is a probably DROTY

Keep in mind there's a lot of years the Panthers didn't have 2nd round picks in there due to the Jeff Otah fallout. 

So, 14 seasons and 1 really good player from all of those 2nd rounders.

I certainly do like Chinn so far, and Jenkins was great, until he wasn't.  I guess I just expect more from a top 65 player.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

So, 14 seasons and 1 really good player from all of those 2nd rounders.

I certainly do like Chinn so far, and Jenkins was great, until he wasn't.  I guess I just expect more from a top 65 player.

Thing with Jenkins was that he was great, just not for very long (relatively short period) and then he was sent somewhere else.

4 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's what I dont get. How can you look at our oline then and think we were ok? DW and Paradis coming off injuries. 3 picks on day 2 in a rich IOL draft, a place where we had serious need. And we move up to take a draft a raw project player who's going to have to start week 1 because we have nothing else and a backup QB. That plan was doomed from the start.

I think the bigger problem wasn't scouting, it was our medical evaluation of Paradis and DW. We based our draft on those 2 being pre injury healthy and it was clear that they were not even close. Elway knew Paradis was damaged goods. DW was damaged. 

If we wanted to protect Cam, 3 interior linemen would have been one hell of a start. That is was of the worst off seasons I can remember. Right up there with Gman's desperation CB draft offseason. 

What can I say? I was saying we needed to draft a center high and I am still banging that drum. I'm still of a mind you draft centers and tackles, but develop guards.

4 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Spoon, Foster

Gross Matos is looking like a player, obviously Chinn is a probably DROTY

Ryan Kalil was a 2nd round pick.  Probably the best in the history of the team.  Maybe Moose but that was pre-Hurney.

On 11/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, Khyber53 said:

What can I say? I was saying we needed to draft a center high and I am still banging that drum. I'm still of a mind you draft centers and tackles, but develop guards.

Absolutely. A high pick to grab Sewell would have been really nice. the The OU center might be a fit and might even be there if we trade back. Guards you can grab later or sign via FA. If Norwell is a cap casualty, I wouldn’t mind bringing him back. I’m sure DG already has his agent speed dial. 

Remember when we traded a second round pick to draft Armanti Edwards? That was fun. Other teams were nabbing interior linemen, running backs, and tight ends, but we got our guy. Classic. No clue how Hurney is employable after that. And I don’t mean as an NFL GM; I mean at all. Period. No chance I would hire a guy that thought that was a good idea.

15 hours ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

I've never really given it any thought till you said this but is that a bad idea to give him a run there and see what he can do?

OG and center are the most physically agressive positions on the OL.

With Little you're talking about someone who is lazy in preparation and self-admits to not being physical or aggressive.

Does this sound like a fit to you?

Archived