• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Garrappollo, Big Ben, Wentz---there are a few mid-level qbs in the NFL--and I would ask those of you who think a big program is required to mold top QBs--explain UCLA and Southern Cal.  Look at the intelligence, the release, the athleticism.  Instead of looking at the

What percentage of all NFL players come from big schools?  95% or so?  So for every 20 Everette Browns from big schools, there is a Kalil Mack from a small school.  So I don't know--does a QB from Alabama (Like Mac Jones) look better because he has 3 first round WRs and a stud 5 OL.  How would he do in Jax? 

I

Honestly, the big time school QBs often struggle. Name a big time NFL QB from Alabama. Ohio State? Clemson would've been on the list prior to Watson. LSU prior to Burrow.

It's a big difference for these guys when they get to the NFL and all of a sudden their team's backups aren't better than the other team's starters. Honestly, the situations I like most for QB development are non-elite P5 programs. Those QBs are already accustomed to having to lift a team up.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

Zach Wilson is not my favorite prospect, but I am not an expert obviously. I just feel like we're never going to win the SB with Teddy as our QB. He's not that guy who can take a good team all the way. He's the guy who can be dragged to the SB with an elite team. I want an incredible QB, and that starts with the draft.

Look at the teams in the top 5.  They all have great QBs 

KC    First RD

Green Bay   First RD
Pittsburgh   First RD 

New Orleans   Brees 2nd RD trade from SD   Hill Undrafted in 2017    If Hill went to any other coach, this story would be very different     Payton is an extraordinary coach

buffalo    First RD 

Rams    First Rd 

not necessarily a great qb but also first rd.  mayfield  

yes Wilson and Brady but in today’s NFl, it’s rare  

QB is the most important position on the team  period   This can’t be lost on Rhule

The Panthers have many needs but without that qb, mediocrity is a certainty  they may never be this high again in draft position   Go get who they think is the right one  just do it 

I don’t care who they trade   Just do it   

I really like Wilson as a prospect. Here's some pros and cons

PROS: Damn good arm strength, can pass on the move, continues to read downfield when on the move, reads RPOs well, excellent runner, has shown poise in the pocket

CONS: Surgeries are a concern in the long term, footwork can be lazy at times, sails balls occasionally, throws balls in ground occasionally

Honestly if I was to compare him to anyone in the NFL, it'd be Russell Wilson. He doesn't have the speed of Fields or timing and release of Lawrence, but he can escape pressure and hit a receiver 35 yards downfield and make it look easy. In a system like Joe Brady's, I actually think Wilson would do better than Fields.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Honestly if I was to compare him to anyone in the NFL, it'd be Russell Wilson. He doesn't have the speed of Fields or timing and release of Lawrence, but he can escape pressure and hit a receiver 35 yards downfield and make it look easy. In a system like Joe Brady's, I actually think Wilson would do better than Fields.

Honestly, I think he compares pretty favorably to Burrow. I don't see the knack for crazy plays that Wilson has. That's the biggest thing that sets Wilson apart IMO. The guy really does play like he has a lucky horseshoe lodged in his ass.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I think he compares pretty favorably to Burrow. I don't see the knack for crazy plays that Wilson has. That's the biggest thing that sets Wilson apart IMO. The guy really does play like he has a lucky horseshoe lodged in his ass.

I've always said well coached receivers helps a lot on that front.

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, the big time school QBs often struggle. Name a big time NFL QB from Alabama. Ohio State? Clemson would've been on the list prior to Watson. LSU prior to Burrow.

It's a big difference for these guys when they get to the NFL and all of a sudden their team's backups aren't better than the other team's starters. Honestly, the situations I like most for QB development are non-elite P5 programs. Those QBs are already accustomed to having to lift a team up.

The school with the most NFL starting QBs?   NC State.  Glennon, Wilson (not giving him to Wisconsin), and Rivers. I think Brissett was a starter last season. 

1 hour ago, Rags said:

I feel like I'm the only guy here who prefers Trask, wouldn't mind Wilson though. Not a fan of Lance.

Not as high on him as I am on Wilson. Trask does a lot of dinking and dunking and I don't really see him throw guys open from the limited film of him I have seen. No anticipation throws, just waiting for his receivers to get open before he pulls the trigger. On the deeper throws, placement isn't great and he throws a lot of 50/50 balls that his excellent receivers come down with more often than not (Specifically Pitts). Long throwing motion, and arm strength is a question to me. Also looks slow when he runs, like his feet are super heavy. Could be because he's so big but Lance is also a big boi and he scoots. 

Honestly, The offensive scheme is just good. Receivers are schemed open on nearly every play and he rarely has to make a tough throw or decision. 

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why do you keep going at BYU's white WRs like that?

Someone change my mind this kid isn't Clausen 2.0. I'll listen.

Jimmy's ND career was a product of Golden Tate.

BYU has two guys on the PFF big board. Wilson and the T

https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2021

BYU sucks ass and will suck ass after Wilson leaves. They were 4-9 the year before Wilson, 7-6 his freshman year, 7-6 his soph year where he was injured. Meanwhile ND will always be good.

Archived