• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How seriously are you taking this year, as a whole?

onmyown

Just generally watching every NFL game I can, I can’t remember a time I have seen so many awful teams. A lot of rosters are fuged because of COVID. Like the 49ers, last in their division with 5 wins. I feel like if it wasn’t for COVID they’d be much better. Limited prep time preseason, subing players, rescheduled games, cancelled practices, injuries galore etc.

Hell when is the last time a 3 win team (Eagles) had a good shot for the playoffs post halfway in the season, until recently (now the 5 win Giants are on top). And the Browns are 9-3, what in the hell? The NFC is bad...you might have teams with losing records make it.

Reminds me of the time we made it several years back at 7-8-1...apparently it has only happened 4 times in NFL history. And two of those only happened with a 9 game season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/how-many-nfl-teams-have-made-the-playoffs-with-a-losing-record/%3famp

But it’s not just the records because trash playing trash won’t tell you anything. Some of these teams are playing like it’s a preseason game or worse, even ones with ‘good’ records.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m truly thankful for football and to be honest they have done a lot better than I ever imagined. But watching these teams I can’t help but see how this pandemic is affecting the quality of the season.

5 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

This whole year is a wash.  From kindergarten to NFL.

Yeah, just thankful sports are on and there is good news on the horizon with the vaccines. A title is a title but if you gonna suck (or boycott watching) this is the year to do it. 

7 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Congrats man. Born and raised in Pennsylvania, right? 

1970-1983. Then my father got transferred to AL. Which worked out because I swore off the Steelers for a couple years after they passed on Marino. He’s still my favorite player ever. 

Getting through KC to get there is gonna be tough. They needed to lose. But losing D. Bush and Dupree is starting to have a big impact. 

Archived