• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want the Panthers to win any more games?

hepcat

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would I bet on something completely out of my control?

If you want to make it interesting and you feel so strongly about it, how about a one week ban if we draft a QB in the 1st?

I'm man enough to take that bet and grin knowing you're not man enough to take my bet.

Yes, if we draft a QB in the 1st round ... block me out for a week.

If you really want to know why I think what I think, it's because we won't be picking low enough (or is it high?) to get one of the fabled four. We might even squeak out two more wins. We'll be drafting BPA and that will not be a QB. Could we trade up? Sure. But not for Lance or Clausen 2.0. You only do that for Goldilocks or Fields ... and give up the farm.

lmao is this real life?

there's really only a handful of kids that want us to lose so they can draft whatever cool new top 5 draft crush they want.

they have a lot of time on their hands with COVID rn and also have a hard time coping with losing, so the only way to handle that frustration with something they care so much about is to root for L's and use overhyped college players with no guarantee of being successful as a consolation price.

psychology is fun.

I wanna see some progress with the young guys. I wanna see some real time evaluations happening, where we get a glimpse of a well executed 4 minute offense. I wanna see Slye make a record field goal this year, just because. I would like to see some entertaining games, win/lose as long as they aren't complete terrible games like the TB one, I will be happy. After years of being a fan, I can deal with the almost wins, and the just barely losses as long as we put up a good fight. This year has been a rollercoaster but having fight is one thing we havent lacked and is a good indicator to the future, hopefully. 

58 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

See this is dangerous to me. Not saying Lance or Wilson will be a franchise guy, but if you believe one or both is and you want him, you're getting one for sure at 6. Possibly can't get either at 9. Winning one game and missing out on both? I'd be furious... Imagine if 3 years from now both are ballers and if we didn't win a meaningless week 16 game he'd be a Panther

Sure, and maybe they both bust and some guy in the 3rd ends up the best qb of the bunch.

Let's take your scenario, say we draft Lance at 6, pass over Parsons who has a Luke Kuechly-like career, Lance turns into Johnny Manziel or Marcus Mariota, or we take Wilson and he's the 2nd coming of Jimmy Clausen. You can create any what if scenario. I refuse to get too worked up over potentially missing out on any one player when any one of them has about as good of a chance as busting as they do of being franchise qbs. I'd rather enjoy the season and trust that we'll draft an impact player no matter where we pick.

A middle of the road QB and a running back so undersized he can't stay healthy.........and both compromised with a poor Oline.

Even God couldn't win with that formula............

I have harped for years......draft quality oline men...............built up that line first then fill in the skill players.................

The lowely Browns finally figured that out over the last 5 years and then all of our sudden..........hmm.

Filling a roster with skill players and then putting lower draft picks to fill up the line is the cart before the horse........

This team is going to be middle of the road for a long time..............

Then clueless Mick Mixon talked about building something special here in Carolina with this team...............huh???

How do you build something special over the long haul when the skill players you drafted a few years back are getting long in the tooth with injuries?

You build something special with a foundation........the oline................

5 hours ago, Sir Purr said:

No. I remember the 2015 season how mad I got when we won 15 games.  Totally screwed up our draft position. Every Sunday sucked knowing that we were throwing away a chance at a top draft pick, and for what? To almost have an undefeated season?  Nope. Give me less wins and MORE  HIGH DRAFT PICKS every year!

What's that bear doing?

Losing at this point would be better for us. We are in that territory where we can’t draft high enough to get better but don’t have the talent to actually win important games. Especially if we win another game or two. 

I get that some fans of this team are only used to mediocrity, but if you’re really asking which route is better for us as far as improving for next season, It’s losing out.  You would think at this point people would be tired of winning 5 to 7 games a season, but it seems some if you are very content with that. 

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Losing at this point would be better for us. We are in that territory where we can’t draft high enough to get better but don’t have the talent to actually win important games. Especially if we win another game or two. 

I get that some fans of this team are only used to mediocrity, but if you’re really asking which route is better for us as far as improving for next season, It’s losing out.  You would think at this point people would be tired of winning 5 to 7 games a season, but it seems some if you are very content with that. 

Yeah.  Remember when the Patriots tanked for Tom Brady? Remember when the Rams tanked for Kurt Warner? Remember when the 49ers and Raiders used their top draft picks on  Alex Smith and JaMarcus Russell and they won all of those Super Bowls? You guys are starting to convince me!

Archived