• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds Like Matt Rhule is Frustrated with Teddy

Calboyz13

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Replay showed that play from Bridgewater's point of view. The downfield guys looked like they were covered.

This isn't the sole instance of something like that happening though.

Everyone wants to blame teddy, that's fine. But maybe draw a better play up next time too?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Replay showed that play from Bridgewater's point of view. The downfield guys looked like they were covered.

it’s 4th and 8 and if you don’t convert you lose the game. starting to think teddy isn’t risk averse because he doesn’t want to lose the game but instead he’s risk averse because he wants to protect his stat line. interception looks worse in the box score even if it results in the same as a 2 yard pass on 4th and 8.

like samuel was effectively covered as well. you’re counting on the defense to not make the play that’s in front of them when you make that throw. how is that any different than throwing downfield and banking on your receiver going up and getting it? give me a jump ball over a 2 yard pass to a covered receiver when you need 8 or you lose the game.

It doesn’t matter if the receivers are covered on a 4th and 8 end of game. You have to give the receiver a chance to make the play, bottom line. It’s the same thing we said the previous game before. You have to try when it’s convert or lose the game. I do not get how a professional qb does not do/know that. It’s crazy to me.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why? Anyone who has paid any attention knew what Teddy was going to do. I called it on the game day thread. He's about to throw a two yard pass on 4th and 8... 30 seconds later he throws a two yard pass on 4th and 8.

This is who Teddy is. If Rhule hasn't realized that yet that's a big fuging problem.

Matt Rhule is not an idiot, dude. He's not gonna say what he already knows. He's playing chess, not checkers. 

Archived