• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So are we still lobbying that Teddy is a good QB and is the franchise QB

Calboyz13

3 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Show me literally one single person on this board that ever lobbied he was a franchise QB. Even those supporting him were never claiming he was the answer long term. 

Look at SizzleBuzzs post history. I can’t pull it up because I’ve blocked him but he used to argue Teddy was a franchise QB and actually pitched that he’s on the same level as Watson. Had to be around mid November. 

Show me literally one single person on this board that ever lobbied he was a franchise QB. Even those supporting him were never claiming he was the answer long term. 

The person who runs this board said he was the best QB in the nfc south. If you think he’s better than Brady, Brees, and Ryan then you probably think he’s a franchise QB.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:34 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

Even with the current swiss cheese OL he had a 158.3 RTG (the max) in the first half against the Falcons...

...there are only 4 or 5 QB's in the entire league capable of that.

In 2 years when Hurney/Rhule/Brady have secured a full roster of the players they want, Teddy will be on a trajectory previously incomprehensible to most, especially the dyed in the wool haters.  Good times are a coming...

On 11/1/2020 at 1:12 AM, jdr6000 said:

Eureka!! I have found a gold nugget in this barren wasteland of a message board!

I knew there were others who had mature, sound judgment and basic reasoning skills within them. I just knew it! 

Out with the feeble-minded! In with those who are capable of abstract thought!

Alas, being able to step back and factor in observational analysis with quantitative forecasting ability is rare in these waters.

But indeed there are others out there who are thus capable. A mug of frosty root beer to you!! 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:35 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

If you're unwilling to support both the Panthers, and their franchise QB Mr. Bridgewater, you should opt out now...otherwise you will be miserable for years to come.  It's ok, nobody will judge you if you opt out.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:17 AM, jdr6000 said:

Alotta people don’t like that Theodore will be QB here for many, many years. But you eventually will...

On 11/8/2020 at 7:54 PM, jdr6000 said:

This thread has too much stupid in it for me to continue reading it. I can actually feel my...self....getti n  duu hhm  e rrrr......

On 11/8/2020 at 10:49 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

I'm pleased that the Panthers now have grown-ups in the room making personnel decisions within the context of a well defined system -- will bode well for the long run...nobody is bigger than the team/system in Rhule's world. 

A Super Bowl win (or two) in the octennial will be the payoff. 

There’s like 9 more pages to go through but I stopped there. So for anyone asking for proof people legit thought Teddy was the future of the franchise... it’s easy to find evidence of it. 

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Folks got amnesia all of a sudden.

5 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Folks got amnesia all of a sudden.

He seemed to believe Teddy had what it takes to win us a Super Bowl...

On 10/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, TheMostInterestingMan said:

The reality is that many are still trying to defend their adamant remarks that Teddy was a bad signing and not a very good QB. 

Even last week posters were mouthing back at me that Teddy could absolutely not be a franchise QB and I even said that I was unsure he was the future. But in this system we don’t need a Mahomes to win a SB. Teddy is putting up incredible numbers with a brand new staff. Imagine our offense right now with a defense that resembles the 49ers last year. That team probably wins the SB. So this whole argument that Teddy can’t do it in today’s NFL is frankly nonsense.

Jimmy G was about 10 minutes from beating the Chiefs. I’ll take Teddy and this offense over that one any day of the week. All the “he doesn’t have the tools to win in today’s game” are just lazy excuses to save face that some absolutely could not stand Teddy. 

He is 100% proving he can get it done. Not only that but this team is honestly not far off from being 4-1 or even 5-0. This defense was a joke last year but is improving every week. Lots of crow to be had for lots of people...

no one cares or wants TB anymore after week 8, after the win streak anyone saying otherwise is a troll

for those who are easily baited - a troll has zero posts and is a new/alt account. and all tinderbox regulars who don’t know how to formulate objective conversation (most likely kids who did not get enough attention)...see OP, and learn the Internet 

let it go already 

16 hours ago, Varking said:

He seemed to believe Teddy had what it takes to win us a Super Bowl...

I still stand by that remark to some degree. I was indeed a Teddy supporter after the signing though dig farther back in my post history and you’ll see what I wanted was to keep Newton on his final deal and see if he could return back to healthy.

Still the 49ers comparison is accurate. I think Teddy could win with an incredible roster around him. He can’t put a team on his back. But if the 49ers has him rather than Mullens right now and a healthy Kittle then they would still be an incredibly tough team that could make another run.

Ultimately do I think Teddy is a franchise QB? No. But do I think he’s comparable to a Joe Flacco who won a SB with an amazing roster? Yes. 

That isn’t me proclaiming he’s the future or the answer. I never have done that. But the absurd hate he gets is annoying. And if Flacco could win with those Ravens, imo Teddy could have too.

Do I believe Teddy is elite? I absolutely do not. And I’ve cooled off on how good I think he can be. But do I think in the right system he is capable of winning the big one. Sure. QBs on his level have done it before. Teddy isn’t a terrible QB. He’s not elite. But there are plenty of worse starters in the league right now

7 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I still stand by that remark to some degree. I was indeed a Teddy supporter after the signing though dig farther back in my post history and you’ll see what I wanted was to keep Newton on his final deal and see if he could return back to healthy.

Still the 49ers comparison is accurate. I think Teddy could win with an incredible roster around him. He can’t put a team on his back. But if the 49ers has him rather than Mullens right now and a healthy Kittle then they would still be an incredibly tough team that could make another run.

Ultimately do I think Teddy is a franchise QB? No. But do I think he’s comparable to a Joe Flacco who won a SB with an amazing roster? Yes. 

That isn’t me proclaiming he’s the future or the answer. I never have done that. But the absurd hate he gets is annoying. And if Flacco could win with those Ravens, imo Teddy could have too.

Do I believe Teddy is elite. I absolutely do not. And I’ve cooled off on how good I think he can be. But do I think in the right system he is capable of winning the big one. Sure. QBs on his level have done it before. Teddy isn’t a terrible QB. He’s not elite. But there are plenty of worse starters in the league right now

Joe Flacco had an amazing roster but also put together his own incredible playoff run on the field. Teddy does not have that ability - there are no dynamics with him. There never have been, and that's really what drops his ceiling. Give me a Flacco (or Jake Delhomme as a known Panthers example) type of QB any day, average in his own right but capable of unexpected magic.

7 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Joe Flacco had an amazing roster but also put together his own incredible playoff run on the field. Teddy does not have that ability - there are no dynamics with him. There never have been, and that's really what drops his ceiling. Give me a Flacco (or Jake Delhomme as a known Panthers example) type of QB any day, average in his own right but capable of unexpected magic.

Flacco and Jake had some moxy and guts.  Teddy Two Yards has none.  They didn’t play scared like he does.   

7 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Do I believe Teddy is elite. I absolutely do not. And I’ve cooled off on how good I think he can be. But do I think in the right system he is capable of winning the big one. Sure. QBs on his level have done it before. Teddy isn’t a terrible QB. He’s not elite. But there are plenty of worse starters in the league right now

You couldn’t have really picked two more polar opposite QB than Flacco and Teddy heh

9 hours ago, Varking said:

There’s like 9 more pages to go through but I stopped there. So for anyone asking for proof people legit thought Teddy was the future of the franchise... it’s easy to find evidence of it. 

Those two sound like the same person.  Appears to be alt accounts.  Probably Chuck.

On paper, the Teddy signing was not "all world" stupid.  Middle of the pack on money, had ran, with success a similar offense, and could be a great placeholder while evaluating and building the team.  All of the "I told you so" stuff is after the fact stupid.  But it is a message board, so that is what people do.  We also signed Teddy to a deal which makes next season his last here, again, part of the "on paper" signing that made it less than the albatross it might seem.  Teddy had a chance, albeit slim, but looks like he will be auditioning for someone elses roster while playing out the 2021 season here in Carolina.  Not sure what all the, my dig on Teddy is harder than yours, accomplishes.

He came, he played, he went.

Archived